Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Internet Conection

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 jlonghorn

jlonghorn

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:30 PM

Posted 25 September 2008 - 10:17 PM

After installing XP SP3, I am unable to connect to the internet. My local area connection says it is ok, but when I try to access a web page it will not open. I have tryed pinging, and can if I use the actual address but if I use the www. address it will not ping. Help please

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Box In A Bag

Box In A Bag

• Members
  • 165 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:30 PM

Posted 26 September 2008 - 12:10 AM

Have you tried to do a repair on the Local area connection? right click local area connection> repair

If that does not work try this.

Start> run> type cmd

In the prompt type: ipconfig /all that should show you if you have a connection or not, ip address subnet mask, gateway, dns server, if you are connected through a router and have windows and the router to automatically detect settings, alot of those may be the same.

After that try typing: ipconfig /release

Than once it is completed: ipconfig /renew

If that does not work you may have to run Winsock XP Fix, during the update to SP3 some major settings may have been changed and what winsock fix does is it can "cure a lost connection". It will also check for LSP errors.

Hope this helps :thumbsup:
Posted Image
Intel Core2Duo E8400 wolfdale 3.0GHz OC'd to 3.8GHz 38C/39C maximum,

---Call 9-1-1 for emergencies.... or just post at Bleeping Computer---
------------Your friendly CVCOG 9-1-1 Network Administrator-----------

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users