Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Power Supply Check ?

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 losty77

losty77

• Members
  • 24 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:58 PM

Posted 25 September 2008 - 05:07 PM

Hi ,

I was wonder how i can check watt power supply in my vista system ? Any idea how i know how many Watt my power supply is ?

Losty

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 garmanma

garmanma

Computer Masochist

• Staff Emeritus
  • 27,809 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:58 PM

Posted 26 September 2008 - 10:30 AM

If you give us the make and model of your computer, we can look up the system specs. and see if it's listed. Other than that you'll have to open it up and look at the label
Mark
Posted Image
why won't my laptop work?

Having grandkids is God's way of giving you a 2nd chance because you were too busy working your butt off the 1st time around
Do not send me PMs with problems that should be posted in the forums. Keep it in the forums, so everyone benefits
Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook and Twitter

#3 figgis41

figgis41

• Members
  • 801 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:58 AM

Posted 26 September 2008 - 12:46 PM

hi,,, take the side off and it will say on a little plate or sticker on the psu,,,,, make sure its powerd down and pull the power jack out aswell,,,, should only take a minuite,,, then plug it back in.
Figgis,,,, LUFC

#4 losty77

losty77
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 24 posts
  •  

Posted 26 September 2008 - 07:24 PM

thanks for the infos..Hehehe was expecting any software can show info about it :thumbsup:

#5 losty77

losty77
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 24 posts
  •  

Posted 26 September 2008 - 08:26 PM

Okay i open the side and see ALot stuff on that sticker !

I saw PURE POWER and MAX OUTPUT W

and another say TOTAL OUTPUT / 450 W

what this mean ?

losty

#6 usasma

usasma

Still visually handicapped (avatar is memory developed by my Dad

• BSOD Kernel Dump Expert
  • 25,077 posts
  •  

Posted 27 September 2008 - 05:51 AM

450 Watts
My browser caused a flood of traffic, sio my IP address was banned. Hope to fix it soon. Will get back to posting as soon as Im able.

- John  (my website: http://www.carrona.org/ )**If you need a more detailed explanation, please ask for it. I have the Knack. **  If I haven't replied in 48 hours, please send me a message. My eye problems have recently increased and I'm having difficult reading posts. (23 Nov 2017)FYI - I am completely blind in the right eye and ~30% blind in the left eye.<p>If the eye problems get worse suddenly, I may not be able to respond.If that's the case and help is needed, please PM a staff member for assistance.

#7 losty77

losty77
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 24 posts
  •  

Posted 27 September 2008 - 05:04 PM

thanks for the answer Usasma :thumbsup:

#8 Sneakycyber

Sneakycyber

Network Engineer

• BC Advisor
  • 6,034 posts
  •  

Posted 29 September 2008 - 06:00 PM

If you are looking at the wattage for a future Video card upgrade. The total wattage isn't as important as the individual 12v rails. Depending on the model of video card you get you need at least a combined or total of 32 watts for the 12v rail. For example a Rosewill RX630-S-B 630 watt power supply has 4 12v rails at 20 amps each totaling 80 amps. That's a pretty stout power supply.

Output document.write(neg_specification_newline('+3.3V@24A,+5V@24A,+12V1@20A,+12V2@20A,
+12V3@20A, +12V4@20A,-12V@0.5A,+5VSB@2.5A'));+3.3V@24A,+5V@24A,+12V1@20A,+12V2@20A,
+12V3@20A, +12V4@20A
-12V@0.5A,+5VSB@2.5A

Chad Mockensturm 

Systems and Network Engineer

Certified CompTia Network +, A +

#9 losty77

losty77
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 24 posts
  •