Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

I Am Having A Driver Conflict

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 bottles0

bottles0

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:01 PM

Posted 25 September 2008 - 02:40 PM

:thumbsup: I recently upgraded from Windows XP home to Windows XP professional. I also upgraded from Zonealarm security suite version 7 to version 8. I also use perfectdisk 2008 professional for my defragger. Well, when trying to do a boot time defrag, windows said that it could not be performed, and that there is a possible driver conflict. I did some online research for perfectdisk, and ran its diagnostics. It says that there is a driver conflict with SRESCAN.SYS, which I found out is the mail frontier add-on for zonealarm. I disabled it in device manager, but am still having the same problem. Plus, when attempting a shutdown, my computer hangs up. Any ideas on how to solve this problem? I cannot afford the premium support for zonealrm, and the forum won't let me register. Thank you.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 hamluis

hamluis

• 56,381 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:01 PM

Posted 25 September 2008 - 03:18 PM

Hi :thumbsup:, I use Perfect Disk 8.0.

I would simply uninstall/reinstall ZA, since the problem probably stems from a corrupted file in ZA.

Your system probably hangs for the same reason...try the uninstall/reinstall and see.

<<I cannot afford the premium support for zonealrm, and the forum won't let me register.>>

Not sure what you are trying to communicate here...but the fact is that you don't have use ZA at all, there are alternative free products available to all of us that do as well or better than ZA, IMO. Your decision to use it can only be changed by you.

Louis

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users