Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Fake Anti-malware (rogue Programs) Products In Action

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Net_Surfer

Net_Surfer

• Banned
  • 2,154 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:19 PM

Posted 25 September 2008 - 02:15 PM

Fake anti-malware products
(Rogue Programs)

In this new series of videos, They show what can happen to your computer when you visit a risky site. In each video presentation you will see scams, malware, adware and other online threats in action.
Fake Anti-Malware Products

There is an epidemic of fake anti-malware software on the Internet. Marketed under hundreds of different names, such as VirusRemover 2008 and XP Antivirus 2009, this type of rogue software scares users by giving false spyware alarms and then tries to deceive them into paying for removal of non-existing malware.
The new WOT video shows what happens when a legitimate site gets infected and redirected to one of these bogus anti-malware scams.

Click: Here for Youtube or Here for Mywot page to go see it.

And read: This To stay Safe so it won't happen to you.
And if you think that it already happened to you: Read This

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 m0le

m0le

Can U Dig It?

• Malware Response Team
  • 34,527 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:19 AM

Posted 25 September 2008 - 03:34 PM

I've been checking some of these out on YouTube as well.

Some I saw were clear fakes but I shall enjoy browsing.

Nice post Net_surfer
Posted Image
m0le is a proud member of UNITE

#3 Net_Surfer

Net_Surfer
  • Topic Starter

• Banned
  • 2,154 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:19 PM

Posted 25 September 2008 - 03:42 PM

:thumbsup: This is what I do when my Coach takes too long to answer my Practice Log, I Surf the web to kill time and learn a few more things here and there.

Edited by KoanYorel, 26 September 2008 - 12:09 AM.
smilie edited away by request

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users