Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Unable To Surf To Www.yahoo.com

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 portengine

portengine

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:34 PM

Posted 25 September 2008 - 01:21 PM

This may sound a bit odd, but I'm unable to get to www.yahoo.com

I'm using IE6 v6.0.2800.1106, any other website I attempt to reach opens perfectly. My O/S is WIN2K, SP4.

I've typed www.yahoo.com as shown here and the Windows Live Search results will show instead of the home page as though I entered an incomplete URL. However when I use a URL shortcut like typing yahoo and pressing Ctl+Enter(to auto add the www & .com) the "page...displayed" message results after 15secs as though its trying to connect to the website.

Even when using a search engine results such as Google or Live Search the website refuses to come up after clicking a link from the results.

When this first began about two weeks ago I assumed the home page was having a problem. This was because I could still reach my email(although I had to use yahoo messenger to let me get to it). To this day, this is how I get my email.

I've done virus scans and used Ad-Aware with no significant results(only cookies found).

Mod Edit: Topic moved from AII to more appropriate forum~ TMacK

Edited by TMacK, 25 September 2008 - 01:31 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 ruby1

ruby1

a forum member

• Members
  • 2,375 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:34 PM

Posted 25 September 2008 - 05:48 PM

try http://www.google.co.uk/search?hl=en&q...earch&meta=

and enter here

http://www.yahoo.com/ maybe? :thumbsup: