Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Hp M9180f 2.66 Quad Or M9340f 2.66 Quad ?

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Keyboarder

Keyboarder

• Members
  • 20 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:40 PM

Posted 25 September 2008 - 11:57 AM

I am about ready to jump into a new pc. I checked into the Dell site and built up a system and the prices seemed a little high, and for the XPS models I didn't find that many that were in a resonable price range. I then checked some sites for HP computers.

Choices; I hope that my info is accurate...

1. HP Elite m9180f 2.66ghz, Q6700 Quad, 4gb DDR, Geforce 8800GT 512mb, 460watt power supply, 1TB HD, Vista Premium 64bit for about $1,450.00.

The other choices, are;

2. HP Elite? m9260f, 2.66ghz, Q6700 Quad, 4gb DDR, Geforce 8600GT 512mb, Blu Ray DVD, 350watt power supply, 1 TB HD, Vista Premium 64bit for about $1,149.00.

3. HP Pavilion Media Center m9340f, 2.66ghz, Q6700 Quad, 6gb DDR, Geforce 9500GS 512mb, 400watt power supply, 750gb HD, Vista Premium 64bit for about $1,128.00.

If anyone has better choices or recommendations, based upon the general specs of the HP models that I have mentioned, please advise.

Any advice will be appreciated. Thanks.

Edited by Keyboarder, 25 September 2008 - 12:00 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 hamluis

hamluis

• 54,843 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:40 AM

Posted 25 September 2008 - 02:38 PM

Well...I'm just curious.

1. Why do you feel that you have to buy a boxmaker (Dell, HP, Gateway, etc.) system when it may be cheaper to build one yourself (which is not terribly difficult)?

2. What do you plan to use this new system for? I mean...what makes you think that you want a new system...that your old system was either deficient in or a new system can do better?

If this is just whimsical, time-for-a-new-toy buying, that's acceptable but it helps others to know that.

The one thing I will say...those power supplies on the systems listed...seem minimum standard to my eyes. I don't have systems nearly as new or powerful and I consider a 500-watt PSU to be "sat" for my older systems.

Louis

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users