Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

How Do You Add Exception To Av Software

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Baptong

Baptong

• Members
  • 14 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:22 AM

Posted 25 September 2008 - 10:38 AM

I wrote a batch file for remote admin. I includes EXE files written in C++ for remoting into another machine. The AV keeps deleting the C++ file thinking it's a Hijacking malware/spyware. I'm pretty sure that there's a way to add files as exception or add to ignore list. I am running Symantec Antivurs Corporate Edition v. 10.1.5.5000. Anyone know how to do this?

Does this need to be done on the AV server, or can it be done any client machine that 's running the AV?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 quietman7

quietman7

Bleepin' Janitor

• Global Moderator
  • 51,726 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:22 AM

Posted 25 September 2008 - 11:51 AM

Norton AntiVirus Corporate Edition Userís Guide. See page 37-38. This is an older user guide but it should work about the same way.
Windows Insider MVP 2017-2018
Microsoft MVP Reconnect 2016
Microsoft MVP Consumer Security 2007-2015 kO7xOZh.gif
Member of UNITE, Unified Network of Instructors and Trusted Eliminators

If I have been helpful & you'd like to consider a donation, click 38WxTfO.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users