Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Saving A Global Array's Value...

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 Wolfy87

Wolfy87

• Members
  • 414 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:19 AM

Posted 25 September 2008 - 06:24 AM

The Great Groovicus ( :thumbsup: ) has helped me lern how to create global arrays. i could save them but it would be to a .txt file and could be changed easyly so any one could cheat at the game etc...which isnt good. Is there a better way of storing a global arrays values?
Wolfy87.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 groovicus

groovicus

• Security Colleague
  • 9,963 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:19 AM

Posted 25 September 2008 - 08:57 AM

One more bit of clarification. Whether a variable (or object, in this case) is global or local is irrelevant. An array is an array, As far as other options for saving data, yes there are other ways, but they are far beyond your capabilities. If I were you, for now just worry about getting the game working. At some point in the future you can worry about different ways to save data. There are even ways to make sure that a text file has not been altered, but that is beyond your abilities at this point also. :thumbsup:

#3 Wolfy87

Wolfy87
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 414 posts
  •  

Posted 25 September 2008 - 10:00 AM

Ok then thanks for the tip :flowers: i spose its fine if my freinds etc can edit there level and things but its not multiplayer so it makes no odds. One day hopefully i will learn about connecting ips and servers etc...well i hope i do :trumpet: thanks once again.
Ile just stick to .txt :thumbsup:
Wolfy87.

#4 Wolfy87

Wolfy87
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 414 posts
  •  

Posted 25 September 2008 - 10:02 AM

But befour i can code anything...The Great Mt.Home Work must be scailed... :|

#5 Billy O'Neal

Billy O'Neal

Visual C++ STL Maintainer

• Malware Response Team
  • 12,304 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:19 AM

Posted 25 September 2008 - 04:52 PM

This won't stop anyone laboriously dissecting your program to figure it out, but you could try Base64 Encoding:
http://dotnet.sys-con.com/node/192527

Billy3
Twitter - My statements do not establish the official position of Microsoft Corporation, and are my own personal opinion. (But you already knew that, right?)
Posted Image

#6 Wolfy87

Wolfy87
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 414 posts
  •  

Posted 26 September 2008 - 09:55 AM

Hmm...So this Base64 translates your text? then when saved it cant be edited? and if edited i suppose it will return the wrong outcome. Very complicated to me :| i think ive sort of got the idea of encoding though.
By cant be edited i meen it is harder but a porgrammer could proboly aceccess this whith there own program that reads it in Base64 etc. but i spose it will help. Thank you :thumbsup:

Edited by Wolfy87, 26 September 2008 - 09:56 AM.

#7 Billy O'Neal

Billy O'Neal

Visual C++ STL Maintainer

• Malware Response Team
  • 12,304 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:19 AM

Posted 26 September 2008 - 02:46 PM

Edit: Saw your edit :thumbsup:

Edited by Billy O'Neal, 26 September 2008 - 02:46 PM.

Twitter - My statements do not establish the official position of Microsoft Corporation, and are my own personal opinion. (But you already knew that, right?)
Posted Image

#8 Wolfy87

Wolfy87
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 414 posts
  •  

Posted 26 September 2008 - 03:53 PM

...? XD

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users