Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Bios Rom Check Error

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 rozzkie

rozzkie

• Members
  • 10 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:39 PM

Posted 25 September 2008 - 03:45 AM

hi, good day..

i have a problem on my pc and someone on BC told me to post here,.when i open my pc it tells me that "BIOS ROM CHECK ERROR", i cant boot into windows, but sometimes i can boot and my pc always restart, i know my pc has a lot of virus and i want to reformat it, but what does BIOS ROM CHECK ERROR means?!

thank you..

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 smurfgod

smurfgod

• Members
  • 446 posts
  •  

Posted 25 September 2008 - 06:46 AM

First thing to try is to replace the cmos battery. it'll cost you like 2 bucks and you can get them anywhere, walmart, radio shack, best buy whatever is close to you. its small round and flat and silver, about the size of a nickel, basically a watch battery. Both my computers use CR2032, look to see which one you need though. After you replace it go into your BIOS and make the harddrive first in the boot order. see if that helps.

Were you trying to flash the BIOS?

Edited by smurfgod, 25 September 2008 - 06:49 AM.

#3 rozzkie

rozzkie
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 10 posts
  •  

Posted 27 September 2008 - 07:24 AM

ok, thank you for replying, i will try to replace my cmos battery..i dont know about flashing BIOS, what does that do?

thanks

#4 smurfgod

smurfgod

• Members
  • 446 posts
  •  

Posted 28 September 2008 - 01:33 AM

If you don't know then that's a good enough answer for me :thumbsup: It may come to that for you eventually, but hopefully its something simple. Is the error BIOS ROM CHECKSUM ERROR?

#5 rozzkie

rozzkie
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 10 posts
  •  

Posted 28 September 2008 - 12:51 PM

Is the error BIOS ROM CHECKSUM ERROR?

yes it is..

i havent bought CMOS batterry yet, because i dont have the time..i will post right away if i have changed my CMOS battery..thanks

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users