Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Problem with windows logon

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 shiva

shiva

• Members
  • 35 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:34 PM

Posted 28 April 2005 - 02:07 AM

Hi,
I am suffering a big problem with my pc.I have windows xp professional with service pack 2.Yesterday I changed my user password it worked perfectly but today when I logon to computer it gave me error message that "unable to log you on because your account has been locked out.Please contact your administrator".I even tried to logon with administrator but same error message came.Please someone give me appropriate solution for this problem.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 windowsxp550

windowsxp550

• Members
  • 133 posts
  •  

Posted 28 April 2005 - 07:04 AM

Did you try logging into safe mode? (by hitting F8 while booting)

Or you can try this..
at the log in screen, hit CONTROL+ ALT+ DELETE twice

This will bring up a classic login window, first thing you can try is , try your password from this screen (make sure to watch if your caps lock is on...passwords I believe are case sensitive)...

If that doesn't work, then in the classic window highlight the username and delete it and type:

ADMINISTRATOR

then for the PW Leave it blank and click ok (if you have assigned the ADMINISTRATOR account a PW, then instead of leaving it blank...type that password).

Last thing I can suggest is doing a "Last known Configuration Settings that Worked" ..this can be done by tapping F8 while booting and selecting "Last known Configuration Settings that Worked"...

Hope that helps
Free PC Help: At FixMyXP.com, our Speciality is Windows XP.
Got An XP Problem or Question? Get expert help, all free Check it out!
Click Here to go to FixMyXP's Windows XP Help Forum

#3 Leurgy

Leurgy

Voted most likely

• Members
  • 3,831 posts
  •  

Posted 28 April 2005 - 07:51 AM

Did you try using the old password again? Maybe the new one didn't stick.

When the only tool you own is a hammer, every problem begins to resemble a nail. Abraham Maslo

**** We use our powers for good, not evil ****

Trying to remove your data from the web is like trying to remove pee from a swimming pool

#4 shiva

shiva
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 35 posts
  •  

Posted 28 April 2005 - 11:27 AM

Eventhough I enter old password same error message come at startup after I press ctrl+alt+delete.The computer is not accepting any password and only giving the same error message

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users