Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Everything On My Windows Xp Desktop Disappeared.

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 thiswon'tfixitself

thiswon'tfixitself

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:05 AM

Posted 24 September 2008 - 10:35 PM

I had the Antivirus 2009 problem on my Dell Inspiron B130 Notebook and installed Norton 360 to try and solve the problem. It seems to have gotten rid of it, but once I rebooted I had nothing but wallpaper. I could move the mouse, but could not right nor left click and get any response. I also ended up finding the ComboFix.exe which seemed to totally clean up anything that was left over, but still didn't bring my desktop/start screen back. I also tried to run system restore but was unable to find an access point to restore to. The only thing I am able to do is CTRL+ALT+DELETE to do anything. I have tried to get online through this method and am unable to. I have done everything I have been able to find online to fix this (running explorer.exe, regedit, sfc /scannow, msconfig, etc.) all to no avail. I am running Windows XP SP3. Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated. I don't know what else to do. Last thing, I am not able to find the Windows XP restore disk. Thank you.

Edited by thiswon'tfixitself, 24 September 2008 - 10:42 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users