Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Weird Not-a Bsod

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 SphinCorp

SphinCorp

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:15 PM

Posted 24 September 2008 - 08:26 PM

Details
Product: Windows Operating System
ID: 1003
Source: System Error
Version: 5.2
Symbolic Name: ER_KRNLCRASH_LOG
Message: Error code %1, parameter1 %2, parameter2 %3, parameter3 %4, parameter4 %5.

Explanation
A blue screen (Stop error) was reported. The message contains details about the error. A matching event with Event ID 1001 might also appear in the event log. This matching event displays information about the specific error that occurred.

User Action
No user action is required.

Got this in my event log, after no BSOD (epic freeze and hard shutdown needed, but not a BSOD)

Any ideas? Or is windows just shooting itself in the foot again lol.

Thanks in advanced,
SphinCorp

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Monty007

Monty007

• Members
  • 1,151 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:45 AM

Posted 24 September 2008 - 10:25 PM

Hi, this link might be able to help you solve the issue. http://www.eventid.net/display.asp?eventid...tem&phase=1
MCP
MSDST

#3 SphinCorp

SphinCorp
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 25 September 2008 - 06:40 AM

Great link, however was a gradual poot-out into epic-freezosity. It was not a BSOD, as that would be instant. (The $%#@ thing even did a memory dump)

#4 usasma

usasma

Still visually handicapped (avatar is memory developed by my Dad

• BSOD Kernel Dump Expert
  • 25,091 posts
  •  

Posted 25 September 2008 - 03:40 PM

Are you able to access the memory dump file? Normally they're either located in the Windows directory and are named MEMORY.DMP, or they're in the Windows\Minidump directory and have a filename that starts with Mini... The directories may be protected, so you'll have to enable the viewing of hidden and system files/folders using Windows Explorer.
My browser caused a flood of traffic, sio my IP address was banned. Hope to fix it soon. Will get back to posting as soon as Im able.

- John  (my website: http://www.carrona.org/ )**If you need a more detailed explanation, please ask for it. I have the Knack. **  If I haven't replied in 48 hours, please send me a message. My eye problems have recently increased and I'm having difficult reading posts. (23 Nov 2017)FYI - I am completely blind in the right eye and ~30% blind in the left eye.<p>If the eye problems get worse suddenly, I may not be able to respond.If that's the case and help is needed, please PM a staff member for assistance.

#5 SphinCorp

SphinCorp
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 25 September 2008 - 03:46 PM

Lol I know how to deal with a BSOD :thumbsup:

I am A+ certified... But never have I seen this.

BTW: I was wrong, the mem dump is from an earlier date, I was looking at the accessed date LOL
1 way or another though, the epic freeze + bsod message in event viewer phreak me out a little

#6 usasma

usasma

Still visually handicapped (avatar is memory developed by my Dad

• BSOD Kernel Dump Expert
  • 25,091 posts
  •  

Posted 25 September 2008 - 05:51 PM

Well I'm certainly glad that I didn't spend the time to type out the long explanation on how to generate an analysis of the dump file!

Sometimes there's further information in the events that are from around the same time period as the Error. In particular, look for "A matching event with Event ID 1001"

It's acknowledged at Microsoft: http://www.microsoft.com/technet/support/e...r&LCID=1033
There's lot's of links relating to it - but none seems to fit your situation.

Beyond that you're going to have to try the old fashioned, tried and true methods of troubleshooting errors - trial and error.
My browser caused a flood of traffic, sio my IP address was banned. Hope to fix it soon. Will get back to posting as soon as Im able.

- John  (my website: http://www.carrona.org/ )**If you need a more detailed explanation, please ask for it. I have the Knack. **  If I haven't replied in 48 hours, please send me a message. My eye problems have recently increased and I'm having difficult reading posts. (23 Nov 2017)FYI - I am completely blind in the right eye and ~30% blind in the left eye.<p>If the eye problems get worse suddenly, I may not be able to respond.If that's the case and help is needed, please PM a staff member for assistance.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users