Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Mtu Problem?

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 mastershake100

mastershake100

• Members
  • 56 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:06 PM

Posted 24 September 2008 - 05:21 PM

well we started having problems with the internet at our house, and ended up changing the router but it ended up being a problem with at&t or whatever. anyways we got this new belkin router that supports n, g, b. but on my ps3 it says it doesnt support ip fragments. i had this on my old router but got rid of it by enabling some gaming mode, but i cant find that setting on this belkin. i changed things and opened some ports but no luck (although i did have to put my ps3 IP in dmz to get nat 2). and even wired i get the error, also i did this test on my computer with the wired connection

http://help.expedient.com/broadband/mtu_ping_test.shtml

and it fails. my router MTU is set at 1454 factory setting i believe. ps3 is automatic, but my modem is at 1492, but the ppl at at&t help said it didnt matter, is that true? could it be a confliction? and is there a gaming mode on belkins?

btw i use my ps3 on wireless and 2 computers wired on my network, but been having to switch cord from one comp to ps3 to play socom beta :thumbsup:

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 mastershake100

mastershake100
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 56 posts
  •  

Posted 24 September 2008 - 05:26 PM

also forgot to say i opened ports and stuff along with putting it in dmz, maybe overkill but i thought it would get rid of the error, but considering i still get an error on my comp with ip fragments through ethernet i doubt it was my ps3 that wad the problem

#3 mastershake100

mastershake100
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 56 posts
  •  

Posted 26 September 2008 - 05:07 PM

bah i might just get rid of my belkin. i just bought this thing like 2 weeks ago, i hope i can still trade it in.

#4 SteveErrey

SteveErrey

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:06 PM

Posted 11 December 2008 - 12:11 PM

Hi - just wondering if you found a solution to this problem? I've just replaced my old Belin router with a wireless N router, and I'm getting the same IP fragment mesage with LittleBigPlanet routinely dropping connections or not connecting at all.

Any solution?

Thanks
Steve

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users