Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

My Laptop Acts Like It Has A Mind Of It's Own. Hellllpppp!

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 rrod234

rrod234

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:07 AM

Posted 24 September 2008 - 01:14 PM

:thumbsup:
I HAVE A DELL INSPIRON 600m. IT IS UPGRADED AND WORKS FASTER THAN MY BRO'S NEW HP LAPTOP. THE STUPID CHARGE PORT WHERE YOU HOOK UP TP CHARGE BATTERY, HAS BROKEN OFF THE MOTHER BOARD AGAIN AND WILL ONLY CHARGE WHEN PRESSURE IS APPLIED TO IT. JUST RECENTLY IN THE PAST WEEK I THOUGH MY COMP HAD A VIRUS BUT TURNS OUT IT DIDN'T. MY TOUCH PAD STOPS WORKING EVEN A USB MOUSE DOES NOT WORK. ALSO THE CURSOR STARTS JUMPING AROUND THE SCREEN AND ACTS LIKE IT IS BEING RIGHT CLICKED AND A FEW WINDOWS OPEN AND CLOSE REAL FAST THEN THE INTERNET BROWSER WILL CLOSE (BOTH ON INTERNET EXPLORER AND MOZILLA) JUST LAST NIGHT IT STARTED MAKING A BEEPING SOUND LIKE WHEN YOU GIVE IT TOO MANY COMMANDS AND IT STARTED TYPING WWWWWW WHEN IT WAS NOT EVEN PRESSED?? COULD THIS BE RELATED TO THE POWER JACK NOT BEING CONECTED SECURE AND IT IS MESSING UP THE MOTHER BOARD? IS IT A SIMPLE FIX OR IS THE LAPTOP ON IT'S WAY OUT?? I DON'T WANT TO TAKE IT TO A COMPUTER SHOP AND PAY SOEM REDICULOUS BILL BECUASE THEY DON'T KNOW EXACTLY WHAT IS HAPPENING. ANY HELP WOULD BE GREAT.
THANKS IN ADVANCE BY THE WAY THIS IS MY FIRST POST I'M A NEWBIE HERE.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 garmanma

garmanma

Computer Masochist

• Staff Emeritus
  • 27,809 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:07 AM

Posted 24 September 2008 - 02:24 PM

Hello and Welcome to BC

The cost of the DC power jack is relatively cheap. Unfortunately, it require a complete dismantle of the laptop and specialized soldering tools to replace it on the system board. I would recommend a local repair shop instead of a Geek Squad type of shop. I've seen prices between 50-80 dollars.

It sounds like when it's apart you should have it totally gone over and cleaned up
Mark
Posted Image
why won't my laptop work?

Having grandkids is God's way of giving you a 2nd chance because you were too busy working your butt off the 1st time around
Do not send me PMs with problems that should be posted in the forums. Keep it in the forums, so everyone benefits
Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook and Twitter

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users