\\systemname is not accessible. You might not have permission to use this network resource.
Contact the administrator of this server to fins out if you have access permissions.
The network path was not found."
Now since I am the administrator I have contacted my self several times over this matter with no response until I finally give my self a piece of my Mind, we ended up in an argument... I lost... either way the issue is still not fixed... (word to the wise, don't argue with the Admin, he can read your email.)
The second part of the error says "network path not found" Well the one machine works and it is the same path from this machine as the others would have.
This is what I have got for clues and things I have tried so far:
1. Looking at the known working workstation I compaired the "hosts" file with the rest of the network and they are the same.
2.In active directory (server 2003) the working computer has the same properties as the rest.
3. In active Directory the File sharing machines that don't work have the same properties as the ones that do.
4. Cannot connect to the file share from the Server as well.
5. From a non working workstation I can ping the IP, but not the netbios name. the old IP shows up when using the "machine name" and says host unreachable. The one working workstation is able to ping ip and name.
6. so I think back a little bit and it was a hosts file issue that fixed something like this in the past. but I already checked those. I asked the administrator.. me... to check wins since wins and netbios are like brothers and all and within the wins server I find that both non working and the working systems are looking the same. well there are no entries at all in the Active registrations and Replication Partners..."I am on a rather unique network" but it does have wins installed on the server. (note to self... remove it if I am not using it)
7.Checked the actual file share on each machine to see if it is a security thing and they are set up the same for working and non working.
8. checked the routes with the route print command and the machines all look the same.
9. Did a Nbtstat -RR on one of the file sharing machines it said it completed correctly but it did not change.
I need to contact that Administrator again, I think he is holding out on me, probably laughing behind my back...
Edited by bleepingnetwork, 24 September 2008 - 07:56 AM.