Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Cocreateinstance Failed; Code 0x8007007e

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 captgnvr

captgnvr

• Members
  • 28 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:09 PM

Posted 24 September 2008 - 05:57 AM

DEAR ALL

I did have some problems and virus attacks but one nick by chewy helped me and now no viruses and all fine.

The problem now is I am unable to load any software or exe files bcos at the end of installation I get this error
""COCREATE INSTANCE FAILED; CODE 0X8007007E. THE SPEICIFIED MODULE COULD NOT BE FOUND."

Then when I see in 'all programs' and the new loaded program, the drop down list is showing as empty.

If it may help-- when I reboot i get this -windows script host- cannot find script file boot.vbs. Could this be the reason for getting cocreate instance failed error message when I load an exe file or a new software??

Can anyone help or advice me pls?

brgds/captvnr

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 garmanma

garmanma

Computer Masochist

• Members
  • 27,809 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:39 AM

Posted 24 September 2008 - 07:43 AM

COCREATE INSTANCE FAILED; CODE 0X8007007E. THE SPEICIFIED MODULE COULD NOT BE FOUND."

Has to do with your video:
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/269853

cannot find script file boot.vbs.

It's possible that you are not 100% virus free, or it could be some leftovers from the infection
You can try downloading Autoruns:
http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/sysinte...s/bb963902.aspx
See if it lists any .vbs and click on it to keep from starting

You never did follow up with Dachew. How do you know that you are virus free?

Edited by garmanma, 24 September 2008 - 07:45 AM.

Mark
Posted Image
why won't my laptop work?

Having grandkids is God's way of giving you a 2nd chance because you were too busy working your butt off the 1st time around
Do not send me PMs with problems that should be posted in the forums. Keep it in the forums, so everyone benefits
Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook and Twitter

#3 captgnvr

captgnvr
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 28 posts
  •  

Posted 24 September 2008 - 11:58 AM

D/Garmanma

Thanks for the guidance n help. Pls note:

1. 'cocreate instance failed' is not for video and I read the article suggested but the mentioned file "mnstr2pl.dl_." is not on my comp and hence could not carry out.

2. As u hv sugested, I ran autorun and did find .vbs as follows
C:\WINDOWS\system32\wscript.exe File not found: C:\WINDOWS\system32\boot.vbs

Shall I uncheck this in the autorun?

3. DreamQuest File not found: C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\StartMenu\Programs\Startup\DreamQuest

This one I hv uninstalled and hope not to see this part-- this is a free chess program I installed recently.

4. I am still following up with Mr. Chewy and awaiting his further directions. As he has instructed I have done the sdfix and mbam.

So pls can u tell me, why I am getting the "cocreate instance failed. code 0x8007007e. the specified module could not be found" for any software of any exe file I load.

brgds/captgnvr

#4 garmanma

garmanma

Computer Masochist

• Members
  • 27,809 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:39 AM

Posted 24 September 2008 - 12:14 PM

2. As u hv sugested, I ran autorun and did find .vbs as follows
C:\WINDOWS\system32\wscript.exe File not found: C:\WINDOWS\system32\boot.vbs
Shall I uncheck this in the autorun?

Yes

DreamQuest File not found: C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\StartMenu\Programs\Startup\DreamQuest
This one I hv uninstalled and hope not to see this part-- this is a free chess program I installed recently.

As long as you uninstalled it go ahead and check that box also.
You can always go back and uncheck the box if the need arises

Edited by garmanma, 24 September 2008 - 12:16 PM.

Mark
Posted Image
why won't my laptop work?

Having grandkids is God's way of giving you a 2nd chance because you were too busy working your butt off the 1st time around
Do not send me PMs with problems that should be posted in the forums. Keep it in the forums, so everyone benefits
Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook and Twitter

#5 captgnvr

captgnvr
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 28 posts
  •  

Posted 24 September 2008 - 12:22 PM

D/Garmanma

That was pretty quick response. I will uncheck wscript.exe in the autorun.

When your response came I was still reading up and figuring out your link for auto run etc.

Since I am sailing on the ship and this is ship's computer, dont even have the original xp cd and hence really carrying it out step by step thanks to you and Mr. Chewy. I appreciate it a lot and wish I am able to load my required software and exe files soon without getting this "co create instance failed and said module not found error. It is getting to be close to 0100hrs and will do further troubleshooting tomoro.

brgds/captgnvr

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users