Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

No Password For Login

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
3 replies to this topic

#1 hitmanhill

hitmanhill

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:53 PM

Posted 24 September 2008 - 01:31 AM

Hi everyone.I have just come into possesion of my late brothers laptop which is running XP Pro.No one inthe family really cares for it,so if I can get it going,its mine.

Everyone in the family has had a go at guessing his password,to no avail.

Is there any free programs or reasonably priced ones that may be able to help us bypass the Windows login.Or will I have to take it to the computer repair shop for maybe some help.

Welcome to Windows comes up first asking me to press Ctrl-Alt-Delete to begin.
Then a window comes up with user name,password and log onto.
I have tried going into safe mode and after choosing work in safe mode,safe mode with command prompts always returns to the login window no matter what.

Thanks for any help or maybe point us in the right direction.

Thanks.
David.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 Romeo29

Romeo29

Learning To Bleep

• BC Advisor
  • 3,194 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:53 PM

Posted 24 September 2008 - 03:30 AM

These types of questions have been asked before.

This forum does not help in bypassing windows logon and gaining admin access to any computer.

If no one in family cares for the laptop, the laptop should not have any important data. So go ahead, format it and re-install Windows.

#3 Guest_Abacus 7_*

Guest_Abacus 7_*

• Guests
  •  

Posted 24 September 2008 - 04:03 AM

There is a way to retrieve Data from the HDD of the LapTop, quite legally in this case. I believe it is about a Family wants to know to Help reconcile their Loss.

Just plug it into a Desk Top and see if Windows Explorer can pick it up? If it can just burn the Data onto a DVD Disk for the Family and reformat and reinstall Windows for your own use.

:thumbsup:

#4 usasma

usasma

Still visually handicapped (avatar is memory developed by my Dad

• BSOD Kernel Dump Expert
  • 25,071 posts
  •  

Posted 25 September 2008 - 09:51 AM

Boot into Safe Mode and try to access the Administrator account using a blank password.
Beyond that your options are:
1) Reformat the computer and reinstall Windows (backing up anything you want to save before doing this).
2) Get a computer shop to remove it for you (it'll depend on the computer shop as to what they require, my shop requires proof of purchase to remove a password).
3) Use Google to figure out how to do it yourself.

From the Bleeping Computer Rules:

No subject matter will be allowed whose purpose is to defeat existing copyright or security measures.

As such, this topic is closed.

- John  (my website: http://www.carrona.org/ )
**If you need a more detailed explanation, please ask for it. I have the Knack. **  If I haven't replied in 48 hours, please send me a message.

My eye problems have recently increased and I'm having difficult reading posts. (23 Nov 2017)
FYI - I am completely blind in the right eye and ~30% blind in the left eye.

If the eye problems get worse suddenly, I may not be able to respond.
If that's the case and help is needed, please PM a staff member for assistance.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users