Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Internet Explorer 7 Not Resolving Www

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
4 replies to this topic

#1 chaoticjacket

chaoticjacket

• Members
  • 10 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:53 AM

Posted 23 September 2008 - 11:43 PM

when ever I type a website into the address field of ie7 without www a box pops up 123.com could not be found dont even get an error 404 page doesnt even try.but if i put www.123.com it goes through fine. I believe it might be something with the dns but firefox works just fine

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 HitSquad

HitSquad

You're Bleepin' or you're Weepin'

• Members
  • 1,573 posts
  •  

Posted 24 September 2008 - 08:44 AM

Hi chaoticjacket.
Close IE down.
Go to "Internet Options" via "Control Panel" instead.
On the "General" tab, click the "Languages" button. Remove then add back in your specific language and region. Click OK.
Next, go to the "Advanced" tab. Scroll down to "Search from the address bar" and select "just go to the most likely site", ok your way out. Launch IE7 and see if it still does it.

#3 chaoticjacket

chaoticjacket
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 10 posts
  •  

Posted 24 September 2008 - 10:44 AM

I did all that but when you said

select "just go to the most likely site" that option doesnt show up

#4 chaoticjacket

chaoticjacket
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 10 posts
  •  

Posted 25 September 2008 - 12:04 PM

plz help im running out of ideas

#5 TMacK

TMacK

• Members
  • 4,672 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:53 AM

Posted 25 September 2008 - 12:41 PM

chaoticjacket,

I see you have an open HJT log posted in the HijackThis Logs and Malware Removal forum.
You shouldn't make any changes to your system, while your HJT log is posted, as that could change the results of the posted log, making it difficult to properly clean your system.

At this point, the HJT Team should be the only members that you take advice from, until they have verified your log as clean.

I'm closing this topic until you are cleared by the HJT Team.
If, after your log has been cleaned, you still need help, please PM a Moderator and we will re-open this topic.

If you have any questions, don't hesitate to send me a PM.
Chaos reigns within.
Reflect, repent, and reboot.
Order shall return.

aaaaaaaa a~Suzie Wagner

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users