Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Temp0.exe Error Upon Rebooting

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 dp3133

dp3133

• Members
  • 13 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:59 PM

Posted 23 September 2008 - 08:24 PM

every time i start my computer now, i get an error that reads...
"C:\DOCUM~1\DANIEL~1\LOCALS~1\Temp\temp0.exe
Windows cannot access the specified device, path or file. you may not have the appropriate permissions to access the item"
nothing else happens after i hit OK.

It appears it is for a Real Player file.

I just got finished cleaning up my pc with malware (http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/topic162526-15.html)

If anyone can let me know how to remove this error, that would be great.
Thanks.
Dan

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Box In A Bag

Box In A Bag

• Members
  • 165 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:59 PM

Posted 23 September 2008 - 09:08 PM

Temp0.exe and temp1.exe are both for realplayer, they are used to establish a connection for realplayer to the internet. Do you have a firewall other than the windows firewall? if you do, did you block a request for this file?
Posted Image
Intel Core2Duo E8400 wolfdale 3.0GHz OC'd to 3.8GHz 38C/39C maximum,

---Call 9-1-1 for emergencies.... or just post at Bleeping Computer---
------------Your friendly CVCOG 9-1-1 Network Administrator-----------

#3 garmanma

garmanma

Computer Masochist

• Members
  • 27,809 posts
  •  

Posted 24 September 2008 - 08:18 AM

You might try removing and reinstalling Realplayer
Mark
Posted Image
why won't my laptop work?

Having grandkids is God's way of giving you a 2nd chance because you were too busy working your butt off the 1st time around
Do not send me PMs with problems that should be posted in the forums. Keep it in the forums, so everyone benefits
Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook and Twitter

#4 usasma

usasma

Still visually handicapped (avatar is memory developed by my Dad

• BSOD Kernel Dump Expert
  • 25,091 posts
  •  

Posted 25 September 2008 - 09:59 AM

If uninstalling and reinstalling Real Player doesn't fix this error, you can use this free program to disable that entry from starting: http://www.microsoft.com/technet/sysintern...s/Autoruns.mspx

When you open the program, scroll down the listing looking at the Image Path column. When you find the C:\DOCUM~1\DANIEL~1\LOCALS~1\Temp\temp0.exe listed - remove the checkmark to the left of that entry and the next time that you reboot that error will have gone away.

I wonder about storing executables in the Temp folder. What happens when you clean out your Temp folders? Could this error message actually be an unforseen complication from the malware (although it does seem to happen in uninfected systems)? Could it be a permissions or registry problem that was caused by malware? I don't know, but if the uninstall/reinstall of Real Player doesn't fix it - post back and we'll try some other stuff to fix it.
My browser caused a flood of traffic, sio my IP address was banned. Hope to fix it soon. Will get back to posting as soon as Im able.

- John  (my website: http://www.carrona.org/ )**If you need a more detailed explanation, please ask for it. I have the Knack. **  If I haven't replied in 48 hours, please send me a message. My eye problems have recently increased and I'm having difficult reading posts. (23 Nov 2017)FYI - I am completely blind in the right eye and ~30% blind in the left eye.<p>If the eye problems get worse suddenly, I may not be able to respond.If that's the case and help is needed, please PM a staff member for assistance.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users