Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Asc.sys Corrupted... What To Do?

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 EmmaFrost

EmmaFrost

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:24 AM

Posted 23 September 2008 - 08:20 PM

Hi, guys!
How u all doin'?

I really need ur help. I'm not that into computers... and I'm gettin an error message about this asc.sys corrupted.
I can only start the computer on safe mode...
I tried to repair with my windows xp cd... but it tells that asc.sys is corrupted...

what can I do about it?

please help me out!!

best wishes
regards from brazil.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 Box In A Bag

Box In A Bag

• Members
  • 165 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:24 AM

Posted 23 September 2008 - 09:03 PM

Is the message "asc.sys is corrupted" appearing during the use of the Windows XP Repair on the CD? If so you may want to clean the disc fully, I suggest toothpaste with water and a soft tshirt, does a great job. If you continue to have problems with the cd, try a different cd drive.

Alittle information about ASC.sys:
It is made from Advanced System Products. The file is a SCSI controller driver, you should be able to disable this service.

Some malware will manifest itself as asc.sys in the system32 folder causing it to become corrupted and give you errors.

If the above does not work try this. Being that it is possible that this is malware, you may want to run a full system scan for malware and viruses. Try using legit programs such as Trend Micro anti-virus and Spybot search and destroy. A couple good free antivirus would be AVG antivirus or AVAST.

You should attempt to use those in safe mode if possible, some may not allow it. If it does not and you have no access to normal mode, than you may have to use a second computer to scan your HDD.

If you have any questions I will be more than willing to answer with my best of knowledge.
Posted Image
Intel Core2Duo E8400 wolfdale 3.0GHz OC'd to 3.8GHz 38C/39C maximum,

---Call 9-1-1 for emergencies.... or just post at Bleeping Computer---
------------Your friendly CVCOG 9-1-1 Network Administrator-----------

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users