Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Adobe After Effects Crash In Vista

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 LoganBaucum

LoganBaucum

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:21 AM

Posted 23 September 2008 - 06:28 PM

I need some help getting Adobe After Effects CS3 to work.

I've installed and re installed After Effects CS3 Trial about 5 times now and it keeps crashing when the splash screen pops up.
The message "Adobe After Effects CS3 has stopped working." I found that the message comes up when its initializing Media Core. Here is the report from vista about the App Crash.

Please help!

Problem Event Name: APPCRASH
Application Name: AfterFX.exe
Application Version: 8.0.0.298
Application Timestamp: 465d3a47
Fault Module Name: StackHash_8984
Fault Module Version: 0.0.0.0
Fault Module Timestamp: 00000000
Exception Code: c0000096
Exception Offset: 09e42a3b
OS Version: 6.0.6001.2.1.0.256.1
Locale ID: 1033

Additional Information 1: 8984
Additional Information 2: 1322f348af729991a27f126ff58e1a93
Additional Information 3: 0751
Additional Information 4: 31b7abeaa1672d51317dc1a0a54444a3

It always crashes when its initializing the media core, and I've looked at few previous reports from windows and the fault module has been changing, its been StackHash_8984, StackHash_d742, and StackHash_acaf.

I've also received errors reports saying that "ir32_32.dll_unloaded" was the fault module.

I've removed my other adobe programs off my computer and used Clean Script, but it still crashes at the same point.

What is a StackHash? Where are those files located? Any ideas to help fix this?

Thanks
Logan

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 CeeJayJay

CeeJayJay

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:21 AM

Posted 08 November 2008 - 12:41 PM

You need to turn off DEP for Afterfx.exe
To do this goto
Control Panel
System
Advanced System Settings
on the advanced tab under performance click settings
on the Data Execution Prevention tab ensure that "turn on DEP for all programs and services except those i select" is checked
Then click add and point it to the after fx executable usually c:/program files/adobe/adobe after effects CS3/supportfiles
Apply this and it should work

Ceejay

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users