Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

A Severe Virus Is Attacking!

• Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

#1 dsage

dsage

• Members
  • 33 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:23 PM

Posted 23 September 2008 - 06:17 PM

This virus causes the computer down. I can't get into Windows. Whenever I turn on the computer, the black screen comes out saying Sorry for the inconvenience blah blah blah, and it asks me to re-boot either in the Safe Mode or launch Normal Mode. Whatever option I choose, the computer will be shut down immediately (without entering to the Windows whatsoever). Well, If I choose Safe Mode, the computer shows a bunch of list of system activation, and then it shut down.

How can I fix it?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Budapest

Budapest

Bleepin' Cynic

• 23,579 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:23 AM

Posted 23 September 2008 - 06:20 PM

Have you tried selecting "Last known good configuration" from the Safe Mode menu?
The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who haven't got it.

—George Bernard Shaw

#3 dsage

dsage
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 33 posts
  •  

Posted 23 September 2008 - 06:37 PM

I believe I tried it because I tried every option like Safe Mode with Networking, etc. None is working. Do I need to insert XP Installation CD and then boot from CD? But, I have problem. It is an laptop and I lose the CD Installation that comes with the laptop.

#4 Budapest

Budapest

Bleepin' Cynic

• 23,579 posts
  •  

Posted 23 September 2008 - 06:42 PM

Download this file:

http://www.thecomputerparamedic.com/files/rc.iso

Then burn the file to a CD as an ISO. If you don't know how to do this post back.
The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who haven't got it.

—George Bernard Shaw

#5 dsage

dsage
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 33 posts
  •  

Posted 23 September 2008 - 06:44 PM

What does that file do?

The file is rc.iso. Do I need to extract the ISO first and then burn to CD or just burn the ISO file directly to CD?

#6 Budapest

Budapest

Bleepin' Cynic

• 23,579 posts
  •  

Posted 23 September 2008 - 06:47 PM

Once you burn it to a CD you will be able to boot your computer with it.

To burn the file download and install the freeware version of DeepBurner. When you first run the program select "Burn ISO Image" and take it from there.

—George Bernard Shaw

#7 dsage

dsage
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 33 posts
  •  

Posted 23 September 2008 - 07:03 PM

How do you use DeepBurner? I choose the burn ISO thing and then it pops up a window named Burn ISO#1. How to choose what file to be burned. There option that is available is Erase.

#8 Budapest

Budapest

Bleepin' Cynic

• 23,579 posts
  •  

Posted 23 September 2008 - 07:06 PM

Where it says Image file you have to select the rc.iso file you just downloaded.

—George Bernard Shaw

#9 dsage

dsage
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 33 posts
  •  

Posted 23 September 2008 - 07:23 PM

I can't find the Image File. I have there window right now: DeepBurner, Explorer, and BurnISO#1 (both Explorer and BurnISO#1 is inside the DeepBurner Windows). Where is exactly the Image File?

Can I use Nero instead?

#10 Budapest

Budapest

Bleepin' Cynic

• 23,579 posts
  •  

Posted 23 September 2008 - 07:26 PM

Yes you can use Nero, but I haven't used it so I don't know how it works.

—George Bernard Shaw

#11 dsage

dsage
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 33 posts
  •  

Posted 23 September 2008 - 07:28 PM

Never Mind. All I have to do is maximize the window.

So, what's next? Just insert the CD and that's all?

#12 Budapest

Budapest

Bleepin' Cynic

• 23,579 posts
  •  

Posted 23 September 2008 - 07:31 PM

Insert the CD and then I think you click the Burn button at the bottom right.

—George Bernard Shaw

#13 dsage

dsage
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 33 posts
  •  

Posted 23 September 2008 - 07:34 PM

No, I don't mean that. I've burn the CD successfully. Now what do I do? Just insert the CD to the infected laptop? And What happens next? Do I need to download MBAM or something?

#14 Budapest

Budapest

Bleepin' Cynic

• 23,579 posts
  •  

Posted 23 September 2008 - 07:48 PM

Insert the Recovery Console CD into the CD drive, and then restart the computer. Click to select any options that are required to start the computer from the CD drive if you are prompted. When you are prompted, type the Administrator password. If the administrator password is blank, just press ENTER.

Type: chkdsk /r

It's important to have a space before the "/".

To exit the Recovery Console and restart the computer, type exit at the command prompt, and then press ENTER.

—George Bernard Shaw

#15 dsage

dsage
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 33 posts
  •  

Posted 23 September 2008 - 08:32 PM

Not working. The computer is shut down in the middle of recovery. The recovery is in the progress and suddenly the computer is down. Any other idea?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users