Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Slow Browsers - All Of 'em

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 whosjeebus

whosjeebus

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:54 AM

Posted 23 September 2008 - 05:46 PM

Using Windows Vista, IE, FireFox, Opera, AND Flock. All of the browsers are doing the exact same thing. I click on links/pages that have loaded just fine in the past, and they either take forever to load, are incomplete in some way, or I get an error (ex: Firefox can't find server at blah-blah.com) message. Happens 8 times out of ten, give or take.

I browsed the forums earlier, and tried a few of the suggestions in this forum thread, as the problem sounded similar, but to no avail. I also followed all the preparatory virus/spyware/malware removal instructions listed under topic 34773, and it's STILL happening.

AND I did a ping/packet test thingie (yes, I speak tech. isn't that obvious?), and a connection speed test as well, just to make sure that MediaCom wasn't up to their usual tricks, and everything looks fine there, too.

Can anyone help with this problem? I'm sure it's something simple, or has to do with my browser settings (all of them? that would be weird.), or something equally obvious, I just don't know where to START.

Edited by whosjeebus, 23 September 2008 - 05:48 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users