Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Windows Mail Account On Two Different Computers

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 lizziemac

lizziemac

• Members
  • 8 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:35 AM

Posted 23 September 2008 - 03:24 PM

I have a PC with Windows XP and Outlook Express and a laptop with Vista and Windows Mail. Both are in the same house and both use the same broadband connection and mail account. The problem is that when I open my mail account on the PC any incoming mail comes to just the PC and doesn't appear on the laptop and vice versa. Is there a way of setting my account so that the mail comes into both computers?

Edited by lizziemac, 23 September 2008 - 03:26 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 hillbillygreek

hillbillygreek

• Members
  • 397 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:35 AM

Posted 23 September 2008 - 08:22 PM

Work through these:

How to Set Outlook Express To Leave Email Messages On The Server

Set Windows Mail to Leave POP3 E-mail on the Server

#3 lizziemac

lizziemac
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 8 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:35 AM

Posted 24 September 2008 - 08:41 AM

Thanks for your reply Hillbillygreek. I set both PC (OE) and laptop (Windows Mail) according to the tutorials in your links, but it still doesn't work. Could it be because one is OE and the other WM?

Lizzie

#4 hillbillygreek

hillbillygreek

• Members
  • 397 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:35 AM

Posted 24 September 2008 - 09:50 PM

Without knowing if there were any error messages that came up, it would be hard to diagnose. Try setting one of the email clients to leave messages on the server, but not the other, as one example of troubleshooting. Otherwise it becomes a game of trial & error.

See also: (might have to zoom in to read)
Manage Messages With Multiple Computers

Edited by hillbillygreek, 24 September 2008 - 10:36 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users