Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

How to transfer files to new computer.....

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 cajunmom

cajunmom

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:32 PM

Posted 27 April 2005 - 06:39 PM

I have all my music files to transfer to my new computer. I don't have a burner on my old one. I have a program called FastLynx 3.2 but they say to use a cable with USB connections on both ends. Is there any other way. I have an outlet for a network plugin (larger than a normal phone jack connector) Can I use the network cable to get the files transferred? Both computers are using XP.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 mandoora

mandoora

• Members
  • 12 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:32 PM

Posted 27 April 2005 - 07:00 PM

G'day cajunmom,

I would suggest your most efficient way to transfer will be to take your old hard drive out of your old machine, and put it in your new machine. Copy to files, then put it back. (Unless you don't plan on using your old machine, in which case you would simply leave it as an additional drive in your new machine)

If you havn't done this before, simply ask and I will give you a detailed explaination on how to do it... it is very easy.

mandoora

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users