Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

I Cannot Remove Tesllar A Trojan From My Computer

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 traeyarbrough

traeyarbrough

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:59 PM

Posted 23 September 2008 - 12:25 AM

My roommate used Limewire on my computer. She then ran Adaware SE to clean my computer. Now my computer is messed up. I ran CA Yaboo Ant-Spy and Tesllar A Trojan was found but I could not remove it due to administrative rights (even though I am the computer administrater) I tried manually deleting the file which was in c:\windows\system32\drivers\core.cache.dsk. It says I cannot delete beuase another program is using it.

I can rarely access the internet. I deleted limewire once again as well as the adaware and every time I try to download AVG my computer shuts down to a blue screen telling me it has been shut down to protect my computer. Now when I go to start it up it goes to another blue screen. When I restart it a second time, I have been running windows in the last working configuration (I cannot go in safe mode.)

I have McAfee but its not getting rid of the problem. Can someone help me? I would greatly appreciate come help. Thank you.

~Trae

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 DaChew

DaChew

Visiting Alien

• Members
  • 10,317 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:59 AM

Posted 23 September 2008 - 09:12 AM

I have McAfee but its not getting rid of the problem

In my work cleaning computers I have found McAfee to be more a hindrance than a help after the computer is infected with such a bad infection, this is a rootkit/backdoor trojan combination

I was infected with core.cache.dsk last march thru a usb drive while trying to clean another computer, I cleaned the infection after disconnecting from the internet with the self help tools I had downloaded to clean the other computer, it took a couple of hours, but I didn't have to fight McAfee to do it.

Since your computer is already in such bad shape I would consider a clean install, any confidental information you had on that computer has been compromised.

Let us know if you want to continue and try to clean the infection, I would suggest using another computer to download the tools and an immunized usb drive for transfer
Chewy

No. Try not. Do... or do not. There is no try.

#3 traeyarbrough

traeyarbrough
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  

Posted 23 September 2008 - 11:36 AM

Now what?

Edited by traeyarbrough, 23 September 2008 - 11:47 AM.

#4 rigel

rigel

FD-BC

• Members
  • 12,944 posts
  •  

Posted 23 September 2008 - 01:06 PM

Hi Trae,

I apologize, but a member asked you for an unauthorized log(s)

Please note the message text in blue at the top of this forum.

ComboFix is an extremely powerful tool which should only be used when instructed to do so by someone who has been properly trained. ComboFix is intended by its creator to be "used under the guidance and supervision of an expert", NOT for private use. Please read Combofix's Disclaimer. Using this tool incorrectly could lead to disastrous problems with your operating system such as preventing it from ever starting again.

I have temporarily made your logs invisible. If you wish to continue with the ComboFix and HJT logs, I will close this topic and ask you to post them to the HJT forum . Only trained HJT Team members can help with HJT logs, and then only in the HJT forum.

If you wish to stick with Da Chew, that is fine too. Just let us know.

"In a world where you can be anything, be yourself." ~ unknown

"Fall in love with someone who deserves your heart. Not someone who plays with it. Will Smith

#5 traeyarbrough

traeyarbrough
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  

Posted 23 September 2008 - 02:01 PM

I had never been here before and I saw that people were being helped and I needed help fixing my computer. Thats all sorry if I broke some rule or something. Gosh.

#6 DaChew

DaChew

Visiting Alien

• Members
  • 10,317 posts
  •  

Posted 23 September 2008 - 02:29 PM

If you wish to continue with this thread in this subforum I would reccomend running MBAM next,

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/ind...mp;#entry944365

here's a little more on why Combofix is such an issue

Combofix by sUBs was never intended to be used in the way that that software such as SuperAntispyware or Malwarebytes Antimalware is done. There are several excellent reasons for this Disclaimer shown when you start the program:
Some that I have observed:

About 1 in 100 times the computer will not longer be able to boot after running Combofix. This requires experienced hands to restore the system to bootability.

There are several malware infections that "target" Combofix. Experienced Helpers are aware of these infections, and take steps to remove them prior to the use of Combofix. If you do not, various things can happen depending on the infection -- from Combofix being unable to run, to the deletion of the folder C:\Windows\System32, requiring a clean install to repair.

Combofix makes some rather significant changes to the internals of XP and Vista in order to work. It has to be removed with special instructions to fully and safely revert these changes. Experienced Helpers are aware of how to accomplish the uninstallation of Combofix.

The real power of Combofix comes not as a general purposed malware remover. It is rather modest in that capacity. Combofix is powerful because it provides to the experienced Helper a convenient and powerful front-end to Scripts. It is because of its scripting strengths, and its unique reporting capabilities, that you see Combofix often recommended. But not because of its abilities as a general malware scanner.

Many malware removal experts will not respond to a request for help if they see that Combofix was run by the end-user without supervision. You might find after running Combofix that your system problems are worse, and nobody is willing to help you.

There are several general purpose anti-malware utilities where the Author(s) intended the application for general use by end-users without Supervision. Combofix is not one of them, and you would be advised to honor that position taken by its Author.

Best regards,
Bill Castner
--
============
MS-MVP 2004 - -2008, ASAP Member

http://www.dslreports.com/forum/r20950947-

I always wondered why, this explained it in great detail
Chewy

No. Try not. Do... or do not. There is no try.

#7 traeyarbrough

traeyarbrough
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  

Posted 23 September 2008 - 02:38 PM

Thank you.

#8 rigel

rigel

FD-BC

• Members
  • 12,944 posts
  •  

Posted 23 September 2008 - 02:50 PM

I broke some rule or something. Gosh.

No, you didn't break any rules, and I apologize if that came off wrong. You will be in good hands with DaChew :thumbsup:

"In a world where you can be anything, be yourself." ~ unknown

"Fall in love with someone who deserves your heart. Not someone who plays with it. Will Smith

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users