Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

2s5ut5qh.exe?

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 papa_di

papa_di

• Members
  • 14 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:38 AM

Posted 22 September 2008 - 03:49 PM

actually the file is 2S5ut5Qh.exe. Does anybody know what this file does? All I know is that my screen minimizes on its own when i'm playing a game or my computer freezes up for a minute and this file appears in my task manager.I close it and after a few minutes the problem starts up and that file is back I want to know what it is and how to get rid of it? any Idea's Thanks for your help.

Edited by papa_di, 22 September 2008 - 03:56 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Budapest

Budapest

Bleepin' Cynic

• 23,579 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:38 AM

Posted 22 September 2008 - 04:18 PM

I did an internet search for this file and nothing came up. When this happens I would immediately suspect a virus.
The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who haven't got it.

—George Bernard Shaw

#3 papa_di

papa_di
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 14 posts
  •  

Posted 22 September 2008 - 07:00 PM

actually I did a search with just the basic search and found all the files with that in it and just for the heck of it I tried to send it to the Recycle bin and it went, now my start up Icon for superantispyware is missing. So I went to their forum and posted the question there, waiting for a response. I couldn't find it after that in safe mode.

Edited by papa_di, 22 September 2008 - 07:01 PM.

#4 rigel

rigel

FD-BC

• Members
  • 12,944 posts
  •  

Posted 22 September 2008 - 07:07 PM

Sounds good papa_pi

Thanks for letting us know.

"In a world where you can be anything, be yourself." ~ unknown

"Fall in love with someone who deserves your heart. Not someone who plays with it. Will Smith

#5 papa_di

papa_di
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 14 posts
  •  

Posted 22 September 2008 - 08:44 PM

Well, while looking in to this issue I found a virus, It was win32 cheqtal!generic. My anti virus deleted 1 file and quarantined the other. There was another file that popped up it was sug66061, that was the virus. I'll bet the this one was too. My antivirus is removing and quarantining all of it now, But is it safe to just let it be quarantined? Someone turned the antivirus off(my guess for a game) thats how we got it and didn't know. 5 people share this machine. Time to open class for the kiddies!

Edited by papa_di, 22 September 2008 - 08:47 PM.

#6 Box In A Bag

Box In A Bag

• Members
  • 165 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:38 AM

Posted 22 September 2008 - 09:20 PM

5 people sharing an unprotected machine, sounds like its time for som CSI on the other 4 lol.

Well thats great news, I would suggest checking your system32 folder for garbage files and removing them.

A quarantined item is basically that, imagine someone quarantined in a hospital, only doctors and nurses are allowed in. Well with a virus, it is put into a virus vault ("Patient room"). Once in the vault it will have no access to other applications and files. Windows will usually not allow major OS files to be quarantined, if for some reason they are and are deleted you will have to boot with your XP disc and do a windows repair to replace the file.

I suggest to remove all files in the quarantined section, completely delete them. Trojans will try to make duplicates of themselves as well, its good to run a scan more than once after a virus removal and PC reboot.
Posted Image
Intel Core2Duo E8400 wolfdale 3.0GHz OC'd to 3.8GHz 38C/39C maximum,

---Call 9-1-1 for emergencies.... or just post at Bleeping Computer---
------------Your friendly CVCOG 9-1-1 Network Administrator-----------

#7 papa_di

papa_di
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 14 posts
  •  

Posted 23 September 2008 - 03:02 PM