Posted 22 September 2008 - 01:04 PM
I am new to this forum, but desparate for some help. I have many problems which I think stem from one major problem.
1. I have lost my "Start" menu options, to include the "Start" icon at the bottom. I don't have the "Search", "Run", nor any of the other programs listed to the side of the "Start" menu.
2. I cannot download any help software as I keep getting the message that "Your current security settings do not allow this file to be downloaded." I can't change my "security settings" because (see problem #3).
3. I have lost my "Tools" and other icons on the top Taskbar.
4. I can not open any other file because I keep getting the message: "The application failed to start because the application configuration is incorrect. Reinstalling the application may fix the problem. I can't reinstall anything because I was deployed and left my Windows XP disc in storage.
5. I had my computer infected with spyware, but after I finally got it removed, that's when all of these problems started.
6. I keep getting the message: "Scripts are usually safe. Do you want to allow scripts to run?" and I can't get rid of that.
7. I have also lost the ability to minimize a window; I will lose it all together and have to start all over again by reopening Internet Explorer.