Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Submit A Startup ?

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Jove

Jove

• Members
  • 2,739 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:34 AM

Posted 21 September 2008 - 07:09 PM

I wanted to submit a file to the StartUp Submission page, but ran into trouble trying to understand,
what I should do when there is little classification information, i.e. ;

Submission wizard - Specify startup type
Run Entry, Service or Startup Folder.........I would like to submit a program or file but it
can not be found in the BC Start up list Search.What classification is the following

Located: WinLogon, crypt32chain
command: crypt32.dll
file: crypt32.dll
size: 0
MD5: D41D8CD98F00B204E9800998ECF8427E
Warning: if the file is actually larger than 0 bytes,
the checksum could not be properly calculated!
> Entry not found
Search Term Not Found

The file or search term that you are looking for can not be found. We are interested,
though, in adding this file to our database and would love to have whatever information
you can provide to us. To submit a startup you can use our submission wizard, which will
walk you through the submission process. Alternatively, if you want to ask us a question
about a particular startup you can do so in the Windows Startup Programs Forums.

Could I have still posted ? I thought not ?

When you don't have to worry about your computer anymore, you can start
living again !

vrwqzc.gif
Success is a result, not a goal. . . . Flaubert

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Grinler

Grinler

Lawrence Abrams

• Admin
  • 43,617 posts
  •  

Posted 21 September 2008 - 07:43 PM

We do not support that startup type via the submission process. That startup is legit though.

#3 Jove

Jove
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2,739 posts
  •  

Posted 22 September 2008 - 02:13 PM

Grinler,

Thank you for your reply, as always it is appreciated.

I have recently used the File Data Base, and have found that in this case I was not able to obtain the desire information there concerning the file I have found in my Temporary Internet Files;
WUWeb Control C..., I believe it to be related to a recent W-Update, and it may be new, however I wanted to know are these type of Files logged into your file database ?

In addition if you don't mind, I will take a somewhat educated guess and say that it is in the temporary files because it is a reference file to a file that actually will not be deleted when I clean the temporary file, correct ?

living again !

vrwqzc.gif

#4 Grinler

Grinler

Lawrence Abrams

• Admin
  • 43,617 posts
  •  

Posted 22 September 2008 - 02:53 PM

What is considered a temporary file is one that is stored in your Temp folder. There should be absolutely no legitimate programs running from the temp folder.

#5 Jove

Jove
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2,739 posts
  •  

Posted 22 September 2008 - 03:52 PM

Sorry about that, . . Please excuse, I am in error, I chose view files from Disk Cleanup list, and

see that there are four checked, I unchecked, Downloaded Program Files Then clicked view files,

the file folder that came up has an IE icon on it and I mistook it for a Temporary file, however the

title on the open file is Downloaded Program files, . . . .WUWeb Control C..., although it was not a

temp file, it is still on the list to be deleted in the Disk Cleanup, should this be deleted and since it

is a program file, should it not be found in File Database ?

living again !

vrwqzc.gif

#6 Grinler

Grinler

Lawrence Abrams

• Admin
  • 43,617 posts
  •  

Posted 22 September 2008 - 07:15 PM

The files database only shows files that were found on the hard drive I scanned at the time. I plan on scanning more in the future.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users