Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Delete/remove My Topics

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 perr

perr

• Members
  • 151 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:44 PM

Posted 21 September 2008 - 03:36 PM

Has anyone figured out how to remove/delete posts in "my topics" or do they just keep going into the hundreds? I dislike the clutter after a topic has died. Big waste of server space.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 m0le

m0le

Can U Dig It?

• Malware Response Team
  • 34,527 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:44 AM

Posted 21 September 2008 - 05:38 PM

perr,

Go to My Controls, View Topics is down the left side, click it and then tick the topics you want to remove. Go to the bottom and find the unsubscribe with selected button. Done

Edited by m0le, 21 September 2008 - 05:39 PM.

Posted Image
m0le is a proud member of UNITE

#3 MattV

MattV

• Members
  • 736 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:44 AM

Posted 21 September 2008 - 05:45 PM

1. At the top of the page, to the right of "Logged in as: [you]", there is a series of options available. Click on "My Controls".

2. On the left side of the page, under "Subscriptions", click "View Topics". This will bring up a list of all of the topics you are subscribed to. Each one has a check box to its' right. Check the boxes for any you no longer wish to follow.

3. At the end of the list there is a drop-down list box of choices available - the default is "unsubscribe". Next to that is a button labeled "with selected". Click the button and you will be unsubscribed to the topics you chose in step two. Double check your selections! If there is a way to reverse this procedure, I don't know what it might be.

#4 perr

perr
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 151 posts
  •  

Posted 21 September 2008 - 06:28 PM

I have done that. There are no topics in the subscriptions. My topics has a number of topics I want to delete but no way to get them. One of the mods told me there is no way to delete them after 24 hours. It says "auto pruning is switched off at the present moment"
I guess the mods have turned it off.
Thx.

Edited by perr, 21 September 2008 - 06:42 PM.

#5 m0le

m0le

Can U Dig It?

• Malware Response Team
  • 34,527 posts
  •  

Posted 21 September 2008 - 06:41 PM

I don't understand that. You have no checkboxes next to the topics?

You said there are no topics in subscriptions but there are topics in my topics. Tell us the pathway you are using to get to the My Topics and we'll try again.
Posted Image

#6 perr

perr
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 151 posts
  •  

Posted 21 September 2008 - 06:43 PM

It says auto pruning is switched off.

#7 m0le

m0le

Can U Dig It?

• Malware Response Team
  • 34,527 posts
  •  

Posted 21 September 2008 - 06:47 PM

So does mine.

Not sure what you are trying to do. If you want to set it so that the topics aren't added then you can't do that. You can change the amount of days topics are shown.

But delete/remove is what you asked for and that has been covered by me and Matt
Posted Image

#8 perr

perr
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 151 posts
  •  

Posted 21 September 2008 - 06:51 PM

I understand but other sites allow you to delete past post/topics. It is part of the PHP setup. I guess you don't have that function. Thx.

#9 Orange Blossom

Orange Blossom

OBleepin Investigator

• 36,993 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:44 PM

Posted 21 September 2008 - 08:54 PM

Hello perr and m0le,

You cannot control the topic listing under the My Topics link at the top of the forums. It will show all topics you have posted to within the past 30 days or so whether you are subscribed to them or not. (At present, the oldest topic showing in my listing is Aug. 23). Topics you have posted to longer ago than that won't show.

The Topics list under the Control panel indicates which topics you have subscribed to and what kind of mail notification you receive for those topics. This is the area with the checkboxes. Here, you can actually have topics appear from the beginning of your membership if you so desire, though the default setting is for the last 30 days.

Orange Blossom :thumbsup:
Help us help you. If HelpBot replies, you MUST follow step 1 in its reply so we know you need help.

Orange Blossom

An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure

SpywareBlaster, WinPatrol Plus, ESET Smart Security, Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware, NoScript Firefox ext., Norton noscript

#10 MattV

MattV

• Members
  • 736 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:44 AM

Posted 22 September 2008 - 07:06 AM

Hello perr and m0le,

You cannot control the topic listing under the My Topics link at the top of the forums. It will show all topics you have posted to within the past 30 days or so whether you are subscribed to them or not. (At present, the oldest topic showing in my listing is Aug. 23). Topics you have posted to longer ago than that won't show.

The Topics list under the Control panel indicates which topics you have subscribed to and what kind of mail notification you receive for those topics. This is the area with the checkboxes. Here, you can actually have topics appear from the beginning of your membership if you so desire, though the default setting is for the last 30 days.

Orange Blossom :thumbsup:

Maybe we were answering the wrong question. Sorry.

#11 perr

perr
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 151 posts
  •  

Posted 22 September 2008 - 10:51 AM

Thx. That explains it. As I said, other sites give you the option to delete the posts from the My Topics menu.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users