Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Computer Will Not Recgonize Cd Drives

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 kboaz2001

kboaz2001

• Members
  • 69 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:51 AM

Posted 21 September 2008 - 02:03 PM

My cd/dvd rw drive died on my Dell computer. I ordered another one, a Sony, off of Amazon. When I put it in my computer, my computer will not recgonize either my cd or cd/dvd rw drive. I went to the F2 setup and set the computer to my factory defaults, but my drives are still not recgonized. I am running good old Windows XP. :thumbsup: What can I do to fix this problem?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,553 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:51 AM

Posted 21 September 2008 - 02:23 PM

In Setup/BIOS...are the two drives recognized on the first main page of the BIOS (which lists the drives, the time, etc.)?

Are the jumpers on the drives set properly? If on the same cable...set both to the C/S setting or set the end to Master and the other to Slave...either should work.

Can you redetect all drives in the BIOS?

Check both the IDE cable connections...and the power supply connections to each drive?

System model?

Louis

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users