Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Crackling Audio?

• Please log in to reply
19 replies to this topic

#1 ihateadware52792

ihateadware52792

• Members
  • 235 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:35 AM

Posted 21 September 2008 - 01:19 PM

Hi everyone. Got an interesting problem as of late. Anytime I am listening to something (Music, watching a video on youtube or from my computer etc. etc.) (especially music from Zune Software) the audio crackles as i do something like change web pages or open up a folder or just do any sort of task that brings up a window or changes one etc. etc.

I've got the SigaMaTel high def Audio CODEC and it's working fine

My graphics card blew up months ago so im running off the onboard thingy but i've never had this problem before!

*vista 32 sp1 home premium dell dimension C521

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 K()nT3nTs

K()nT3nTs

• Members
  • 150 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:35 AM

Posted 21 September 2008 - 02:25 PM

So how long has it been happening? It didnt start when you were running off the Onboard right?

#3 ihateadware52792

ihateadware52792
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 235 posts
  •  

Posted 21 September 2008 - 03:17 PM

I'd say for a couple of weeks now on and off.

and no this didnt happen right after i started using the on board video nvidia thingy.

this just randomly started months and months afterwards.

#4 cryptodan

cryptodan

Bleepin Madman

• Members
  • 21,868 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:35 AM

Posted 22 September 2008 - 05:57 AM

Are you using the latest sound card drivers, and what all do you have running on your computer?

#5 ihateadware52792

ihateadware52792
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 235 posts
  •  

Posted 22 September 2008 - 03:04 PM

My drivers are up to date as far as i know. The sigmatel high def audio codec is the latest one that came out.

#6 cryptodan

cryptodan

Bleepin Madman

• Members
  • 21,868 posts
  •  

Posted 22 September 2008 - 03:22 PM

Running any processor intensive programs?

#7 ihateadware52792

ihateadware52792
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 235 posts
  •  

Posted 22 September 2008 - 06:28 PM

Not that I know of. I use zone alarm firewall.. AIM.. firefox.. Zune Software. . thats it really.

#8 usasma

usasma

Still visually handicapped (avatar is memory developed by my Dad

• BSOD Kernel Dump Expert
  • 25,072 posts
  •  

Posted 22 September 2008 - 06:33 PM

This could be due to interference in the area of the computer (either the computer itself or an electrical device nearby).

Drivers can be up to date and still be corrupted. I'd suggest uninstalling your audio drivers and then downloading a fresh copy of them to install.
My browser caused a flood of traffic, sio my IP address was banned. Hope to fix it soon. Will get back to posting as soon as Im able.

- John  (my website: http://www.carrona.org/ )**If you need a more detailed explanation, please ask for it. I have the Knack. **  If I haven't replied in 48 hours, please send me a message. My eye problems have recently increased and I'm having difficult reading posts. (23 Nov 2017)FYI - I am completely blind in the right eye and ~30% blind in the left eye.<p>If the eye problems get worse suddenly, I may not be able to respond.If that's the case and help is needed, please PM a staff member for assistance.

#9 ihateadware52792

ihateadware52792
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 235 posts
  •  

Posted 22 September 2008 - 09:07 PM

I've tried uninstalling and re-installing the CODEC.. didn't work.

also.. not sure what could be interfering. I use a linksys wireless G USB adapter to connect to the internet.. if that helps.

other than that nothing should interfere.

#10 cryptodan

cryptodan

Bleepin Madman

• Members
  • 21,868 posts
  •  

Posted 22 September 2008 - 09:09 PM

Try not using the USB wifi and see if the crackling stops.

#11 usasma

usasma

Still visually handicapped (avatar is memory developed by my Dad

• BSOD Kernel Dump Expert
  • 25,072 posts
  •  

Posted 23 September 2008 - 12:16 PM

Are there any radios, TV's, telephones (corded or cordless) nearby?
Codecs are different from the audio drivers. Audio drivers control the sound - codecs interpret the sound and play it properly. Try uninstalling the audio drivers and install a freshly downloaded copy.

From what I can tell from your posts, this is the correct audio driver for your system: http://support.dell.com/support/downloads/...p;fileid=209657
My browser caused a flood of traffic, sio my IP address was banned. Hope to fix it soon. Will get back to posting as soon as Im able.

- John  (my website: http://www.carrona.org/ )**If you need a more detailed explanation, please ask for it. I have the Knack. **  If I haven't replied in 48 hours, please send me a message. My eye problems have recently increased and I'm having difficult reading posts. (23 Nov 2017)FYI - I am completely blind in the right eye and ~30% blind in the left eye.<p>If the eye problems get worse suddenly, I may not be able to respond.If that's the case and help is needed, please PM a staff member for assistance.

#12 ihateadware52792

ihateadware52792
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 235 posts
  •  

Posted 23 September 2008 - 02:32 PM

Usasma All i seem to have is the "sigma tel high def audio CODEC " . It's like i dont have an audio driver.

but i will try installing what you gave me. assuming thats not the codec i already have.

#13 cryptodan

cryptodan

Bleepin Madman

• Members
  • 21,868 posts
  •  

Posted 23 September 2008 - 02:48 PM

Dell SigmaTel Driver

#14 ihateadware52792

ihateadware52792
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 235 posts
  •  

Posted 23 September 2008 - 02:49 PM

Guys i installed the SigmaTel High Def Audio DRIVER. but then when i restarted the thing reverted back to sigma tel codec!!!!!!

WHAT THE HECK??

#15 cryptodan

cryptodan

Bleepin Madman

• Members
  • 21,868 posts
  •  

Posted 23 September 2008 - 02:51 PM

Driver Cleaner Pro

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users