Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Log on problem XP

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 ed414541

ed414541

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:23 PM

Posted 27 April 2005 - 01:34 PM

Hi I am having problems about logging in to my XP Home. I can get onto the log-on screen fine, scandisk comes up with no errors, and restarting dosn't do a thing.
But as soon as I click log on it makes the logon sounds and shows the sequence and my background but then, before i get to see any shortcuts or the menu bar I get loged off. It is the same with every user on my pc. Unfortunately I have unprinted coursework on there so using the backup disks isn't an appealing option. Any help would greatly be appreciated especially before teusday as that is when my coursework deadline is. I ran a full error check two days before and no one in my family admitts to purposely downloading anything although they have been on the net. The computer was working fine at one point and then 20mins later I had this log on problem.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Rimmer

Rimmer

• Members
  • 2,159 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:23 PM

Posted 27 April 2005 - 06:58 PM

I've never heard of that problem but the more knowledgeable people here may be able to help you fix it. In the mean time can you log on and print your files from safe mode?
If you are not sure how to boot in Safe Mode there is a tutorial here: Safe Mode

See if that helps :thumbsup:

Soltek QBIC, Pentium 4 3.0GHz, 512MB RAM, 200GB SATA HDD, ATI Radeon 9600XT 256MB, Netgear 54Mb/s WAP, ridiculously expensive Satellite Broadband
Windows XP Home SP2, Trend Micro Internet Security, Firefox, Thunderbird, AdAwareSE, Spybot S&D, SpywareBlaster, A-squared Free, Ewido Security Suite.

#3 Grinler

Grinler

Lawrence Abrams

• Admin
  • 43,718 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:23 PM

Posted 27 April 2005 - 07:01 PM

You may want to boot up with your xp cd and run a repair on the installation

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users