Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Major Crash Please Help

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Elijohnson

Elijohnson

• Members
  • 26 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:51 PM

Posted 21 September 2008 - 10:55 AM

well i brought this computer and when i was using it it wasn't working like i wanted to to so i but a new xp on it and now i am trying to reset the bios so find the website to do it

http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport/TechS...eriesId=3239114

and i do it and on the boot up i get the blue for like 2 seconds cant even see what it says

so i was about to just but a fresh copy of xp again but then i get this error

setup did not find any hard drives installed in your computer

make sure anyhard disk drives are powered on and properly connected to your computer and that any disk related hardware configuration is correct. This may involve running a manufacturer- supplied diagnostic or setup program

setup cannot continue. to quit set press f3

can anyone help me

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 hamluis

hamluis

• 56,435 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:51 PM

Posted 21 September 2008 - 12:10 PM

Hi :thumbsup:.

<<...it wasn't working like i wanted to...>>

If you bought a computer and had immediate problems with it...I'd suggest taking it back if the problems were not created by you.

OTOH...if you tried to update the BIOS on a new system and that failed...I think that's one on you.

Can we start at the beginning? Can you tell us what you thought was "wrong" with the way the system functioned initially?

Manufacturer (I assume it's an HP/Compaq) and model of system, please?

Any error messages?

A technique for obtaining error messages on auto reboots: Disable Auto Reboot On System Crash - http://www.theeldergeek.com/auto_reboot_on_system_crash.htm

Louis

#3 Elijohnson

Elijohnson
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 26 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:51 PM

Posted 21 September 2008 - 12:47 PM

i found out the problem i reseted the bios and didnt it put my sata at raid

#4 hamluis

hamluis

• 56,435 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:51 PM

Posted 21 September 2008 - 02:29 PM

Glad you solved it, happy computing :thumbsup:.

Louis

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users