Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Wireless Is Unstable

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 davidjsf

davidjsf

• Members
  • 26 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:42 AM

Posted 20 September 2008 - 04:20 PM

On my laptop, I am constantly losing my wireless connection. The connection says that it is authenticating. It happens off and on all the time. My desktop is hardwired, and I don't seem to have any problems with it's connection. The connection stregth is good on the laptop, but it just continues to connect and disconnect. Any advice?

David

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 Deathscythe

Deathscythe

• Members
  • 30 posts
  •  

Posted 21 September 2008 - 09:30 AM

I would check the settings in your wireless router - Do you know the model/make? or Does this just happen at home or is it everywhere you take the laptop IE: try to connect to a friend or family members network on the wireless. If you are having the same issue then it is something with the onboard wireless. At that point I would tell you A.) take it to a shop or B.) Check to see if your laptop has a PCMCIA slot or a express card slot and purchase a wireless card. It will look like something similar to this:
http://www.healthvpn.co.uk/Graphics/Photos...h%20antenna.gif

First before all that though try my first suggestion then post a reply and we'll go from there.

#3 davidjsf

davidjsf
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 26 posts
  •  

Posted 21 September 2008 - 02:45 PM

The make and model of the router is a DLINK WBR 2310. What it seems like is that if my there are alot of people with thier networks up, my cpu has issues. It will say sometimes that there is a problem with my "key".

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users