Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

No Sound From Cd

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 thewall

thewall

• Malware Response Team
  • 6,425 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:53 AM

Posted 20 September 2008 - 12:59 PM

Hi, :thumbsup:

I have a Dell Dimension 3000 with XP home. The sound works fine on anything coming in over the Internet. I can also play any stored music just fine, however when I place a CD into the player it recognizes the CD is there but I cannot get any sound to come from it. I have played around with the properties but still no luck. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks!!

By the way the last time I tried to burn a CD it worked just fine. Of course that has been awhile but it has also been awhile since I attempted to play a CD in the machine.
If I have helped you then please consider donating so I can continue the fight against malware Posted Image
All donations go directly to the helper

Posted Image

Due to the large amount of backlogs we have I cannot respond to PMs for help unless I am already working with you

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 ComputerWhizz7

ComputerWhizz7

• Members
  • 408 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:53 AM

Posted 20 September 2008 - 03:33 PM

There is a small connecter cord that runs from the ROM drive into your motherboard? Is that plugged in?
I came, I saw, I conquered. - Julius Caeser

#3 thewall

thewall
  • Topic Starter

• Malware Response Team
  • 6,425 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:53 AM

Posted 21 September 2008 - 09:09 AM

Thanks, I'll check it. :thumbsup:
If I have helped you then please consider donating so I can continue the fight against malware Posted Image
All donations go directly to the helper

Posted Image

Due to the large amount of backlogs we have I cannot respond to PMs for help unless I am already working with you

#4 garmanma

garmanma

Computer Masochist

• Staff Emeritus
  • 27,809 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:53 AM

Posted 21 September 2008 - 12:25 PM

It should be noted that newer computers do not utilize that connection. They use the newer 80 wire flat IDE ribbon cable. Which could also be going bad or loose
Mark
Posted Image
why won't my laptop work?

Having grandkids is God's way of giving you a 2nd chance because you were too busy working your butt off the 1st time around
Do not send me PMs with problems that should be posted in the forums. Keep it in the forums, so everyone benefits
Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook and Twitter

#5 likearock

likearock

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 07 February 2009 - 02:22 AM

Hey, try going into your volume controls and make sure your media player volume is turned up, or that it's not on mute. Not sure but that may help.

#6 Capn Easy

Capn Easy

• Members
  • 597 posts
  •  

Posted 07 February 2009 - 01:31 PM

A dumb question, thewall, but are you using the same media player to play the CD as stored/downloaded audio? Which player is it?

Edited by Capn Easy, 07 February 2009 - 01:32 PM.

#7 Capn Easy

Capn Easy

• Members
  • 597 posts
  •  

Posted 08 February 2009 - 04:05 AM

Ha! I just now took a look at the date of the original post. :thumbsup:

I assume you've got CD audio back!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users