Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

shutting down

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 mombasa

mombasa

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:29 PM

Posted 27 April 2005 - 09:58 AM

Guy'z i'v got a problem with my computer. Whenever i get connected to the internet, give it 10min and the msg will appear that

LSA SHELL (EXPORT VERSION)
If you were in the middle of something, the information you were working on might be lost.

PLEASE TELL MICROSOFT ABOUT THIS PROBLEM

DONT SEND/SEND

This is part one and when i click send or dont send another msg will appear

SYSTEM SHUTDOWN
This system is shutting down please save all work........
MSG.
"C\WINDOWS\system32\lsass.exe'
terminated unexpectedly with status code -1073741819. the system will now shut down and restart.

After dat i did try to install windows task manager... and i saw the file i tried to quarantine it and the msg appeared again the computer will be shut down, what should i do and also i had AVG antivirus. installed in my computer.. this is really getting on my nerves please and please assist me on this.. dat'll be grand.

thank you in advance

mombasa!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Enthusiast

Enthusiast

• Members
  • 5,898 posts
  •  

Posted 27 April 2005 - 11:29 AM

Are you allowing SETI or some other idle sharing utility to access your computer and is the error code connected to use of the screensaver thay gave you?

Edited by Enthusiast, 27 April 2005 - 11:30 AM.

#3 Rimmer

Rimmer

• Members
  • 2,159 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:29 AM

Posted 27 April 2005 - 06:39 PM

Try this basic check:

Is your Anti-virus program updated?

Do you have any anti-spyware installed? If not download and update all of the following:Reboot your computer in Safe Mode and run the anti-virus scan and anti-spyware scans there.
If you are not sure how to boot in Safe Mode there is a tutorial here: Safe Mode

See if that helps :thumbsup:

Soltek QBIC, Pentium 4 3.0GHz, 512MB RAM, 200GB SATA HDD, ATI Radeon 9600XT 256MB, Netgear 54Mb/s WAP, ridiculously expensive Satellite Broadband
Windows XP Home SP2, Trend Micro Internet Security, Firefox, Thunderbird, AdAwareSE, Spybot S&D, SpywareBlaster, A-squared Free, Ewido Security Suite.

#4 mombasa

mombasa
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 28 April 2005 - 02:39 AM

Try this basic check:

Is your Anti-virus program updated?

Do you have any anti-spyware installed? If not download and update all of the following:

Reboot your computer in Safe Mode and run the anti-virus scan and anti-spyware scans there.
If you are not sure how to boot in Safe Mode there is a tutorial here: Safe Mode

See if that helps :thumbsup:

hi once again...
yes my avg antivirus is updated, and yes i did downloaded the Ad-Aware, SpyBot and the SpywareBlaster... after that i installed the Ad-aware 1st it was successful i updated it and after the scan it showed the files on the critical condition. whereas most of them i recognized to b not critical. ok after that i dint know what to do becoz i dint saw the lsass.exe on the critical area. then i tried to install the remainin two files the SpyBot and the SpywareBlaster but they all install before it finishes it crashes the computer to restart.... i have another question... i partitioned my computer in to two one for files i load in and the other for system i mean windows.. so if i format the drive c:/ and reload windows will this problem still persist...? if it wont then i'd rather do that to save time and also to save the other partition which has all my needful files.. thank you pmce again..

#5 Rimmer

Rimmer

• Members
  • 2,159 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:29 AM

Posted 28 April 2005 - 03:13 AM

Were you running the scans in Safe Mode?

most of them i recognized to b not critical.

Critical is a relative term, I am sure it would be beneficial and do no harm to allow Ad-Aware to delete anything that it finds. It is a tried and trusted program. If your computer has malware it is not just a one step process to clean it, everything Ad-Aware removes will help the other programs to do their part.

Reloading Windows is an option, but its a last option in my opinion. You have to reinstall all applications, drivers, patches, etc., etc. and it takes a lot more work than people think.

It's your PC, its your call.

Soltek QBIC, Pentium 4 3.0GHz, 512MB RAM, 200GB SATA HDD, ATI Radeon 9600XT 256MB, Netgear 54Mb/s WAP, ridiculously expensive Satellite Broadband
Windows XP Home SP2, Trend Micro Internet Security, Firefox, Thunderbird, AdAwareSE, Spybot S&D, SpywareBlaster, A-squared Free, Ewido Security Suite.

#6 Herk

Herk

• Members
  • 1,609 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:29 PM

Posted 28 April 2005 - 11:42 AM

You won't see lsass.exe on the list of critical files because Ad-Aware only finds malware. That is a normal system file. There are other similarly-named files which are a virus. The first letter is a lower-case "L" and here's a link which will explain what this does and where it should be found if it's legitimate.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users