Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Windows Aero

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 cyber_sydney_hunter

cyber_sydney_hunter

• Members
  • 20 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:44 PM

Posted 20 September 2008 - 07:53 AM

i got actually a problem with my laptop toshiba a300/y00. i would like to see like See previews of your open windows with window aero, i think i got window aero already wheni bought this computer but it never work in admin user <i actually created 2, one is admin and guest> but when i ran in guest account, im able to see that transparent glass design of windows so wots da problem here.

note: i put protected pass in admin but not in guest account :huh:

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 usasma

usasma

Still visually handicapped (avatar is memory developed by my Dad

• BSOD Kernel Dump Expert
  • 25,077 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:44 AM

Posted 20 September 2008 - 12:32 PM

Try the steps in this article to enable the glass stuff on your account: http://www.howtogeek.com/howto/windows-vis...s-requirements/

FWIW - Aero will reduce your battery life, and with only 128 mB of video memory you're on the bottom of the performance spectrum - so don't expect much from it.
My browser caused a flood of traffic, sio my IP address was banned. Hope to fix it soon. Will get back to posting as soon as Im able.

- John  (my website: http://www.carrona.org/ )**If you need a more detailed explanation, please ask for it. I have the Knack. **  If I haven't replied in 48 hours, please send me a message. My eye problems have recently increased and I'm having difficult reading posts. (23 Nov 2017)FYI - I am completely blind in the right eye and ~30% blind in the left eye.<p>If the eye problems get worse suddenly, I may not be able to respond.If that's the case and help is needed, please PM a staff member for assistance.

#3 cyber_sydney_hunter

cyber_sydney_hunter
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 20 posts
  •  

Posted 21 September 2008 - 10:12 AM

i fink the only thing my own doesnt work is im using intel R965 express chipset family nt like ATI or NVidia or sumfink. So should i change my graphic card into ATI or NVidia?
But id not noe why this thing doesnt work in admin account but in guest account does work properly, any Suggestions?

#4 usasma

usasma

• 25,077 posts
  •  

Posted 21 September 2008 - 04:55 PM

I'm guessing that you've got something running in your account that's subtracting from the memory that's available for Aero to work with (but it's not running in the Guest account).
My browser caused a flood of traffic, sio my IP address was banned. Hope to fix it soon. Will get back to posting as soon as Im able.

- John  (my website: http://www.carrona.org/ )**If you need a more detailed explanation, please ask for it. I have the Knack. **  If I haven't replied in 48 hours, please send me a message. My eye problems have recently increased and I'm having difficult reading posts. (23 Nov 2017)FYI - I am completely blind in the right eye and ~30% blind in the left eye.<p>If the eye problems get worse suddenly, I may not be able to respond.If that's the case and help is needed, please PM a staff member for assistance.

#5 cyber_sydney_hunter

cyber_sydney_hunter
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 20 posts
  •  

Posted 21 September 2008 - 11:02 PM

for example?? so what should i check? let me know please then ill let u noe if successfull or nt

#6 cryptodan

cryptodan

Bleepin Madman

• Members
  • 21,868 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:44 AM

Posted 22 September 2008 - 05:56 AM

You cannot replace the video card in your lap top as it is integrated with the motherboard.

#7 usasma

usasma

• 25,077 posts
  •  

Posted 22 September 2008 - 06:22 PM

I would suggest checking the Task Manager (right click on the TaskBar and select Task Manager)...Processes tab - and see what's running that will affect the video memory (such as Toshiba memory utilities). A list of these would be helpful - also, please be sure to select the button for showing processes for all users.

#8 cyber_sydney_hunter

cyber_sydney_hunter
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 20 posts
  •  

Posted 22 September 2008 - 08:10 PM

I would suggest checking the Task Manager (right click on the TaskBar and select Task Manager)...Processes tab - and see what's running that will affect the video memory (such as Toshiba memory utilities). A list of these would be helpful - also, please be sure to select the button for showing processes for all users.

i dont understand about memory utilities, can u give me more explaination abt this..
So heres wot running in my laptop:
1. toshiba powersaver
2. toshiba flash card
3.toshiba navi support service
4.toshiba bluetooth service
5. tosbtmng
6. tosbthsp
7.tosipcsrv.exe
8. tosA2dp
9. tosbthid
so which of these should i "end process"

#9 cyber_sydney_hunter