Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Laptop To Crt Tv

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Yorkie

Yorkie

• Members
  • 110 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:53 AM

Posted 20 September 2008 - 06:21 AM

Hi,

I have a laptop with a S-Video output and wondered if it is possible to connect it to a CRT TV (old type TV, not a LCD TV) so I can watch DVD, surf the internet or watch you tube videos etc?

My TV has a Scart connection and my laptop has a 4-pin S-Video connection.

Also, if this is possible do I need to change any settings on my Laptop to achieve this?

Thanks for your time...

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Yorkie

Yorkie
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 110 posts
  •  

Posted 21 September 2008 - 01:27 PM

Hi,

Just to provide an update I have managed to get the Laptop displayed on the TV and the picture quality is fine. The problem is now that it only displays the picture in black and white even though the settings on the Laptop is in colour.

Any ideas to make it display in colour would be appreciated?

Edited by Yorkie, 21 September 2008 - 01:28 PM.

#3 lhamil64

lhamil64

• Members
  • 200 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:53 PM

Posted 21 September 2008 - 04:19 PM

Is your TV a color TV?
If so there is probably a setting somewhere in your Display Settings that can change it to color.

#4 TheStalker

TheStalker

• Members
  • 58 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:53 PM

Posted 22 September 2008 - 10:00 AM

you need to chnage your video card to output in NTSC or PAL(what ever your TV is). Also try another TV because if your TV is really old it might not work as well

#5 Yorkie

Yorkie
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 110 posts
  •  

Posted 24 September 2008 - 11:55 AM

*** Update ***

I have managed to get my Laptop to display on my CRT TV in colour and everything is working fine.

Thanks to all those who have contributed to me finding a solution.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users