Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Computer Crashes When Using Ie

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 blsblaze

blsblaze

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:58 PM

Posted 19 September 2008 - 03:54 PM

This past monday I went to ebaums world to check it out. I got a server busy window popping up. I didnt click it for the fact that it could be some kind of pop up asking for permission to do something. Well minutes after that I started getting a tons of pop ups for all kinds of advertisements. I ended up having to disable my internet connection and check out my processes. I found that I had faceback.exe getmodule23.exe and a few other adware programs. I managed to get a copy of adaware and that took care of most of the adware programs, except for faceback and getmodule. I found out how to get rid of faceback, but the only thing I can't get rid of is this getmodule.

So far if I use IE I get some kind of script error, pop ups, and hidden windows being opened. I also still get the server busy window popping up.

Any help would much appreciated.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,894 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:58 AM

Posted 19 September 2008 - 04:03 PM

BleepingComputer.com - Am I infected What do I do - http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/f/103/am-i-infected-what-do-i-do/

Pretty sure they can help you and reassure you when/if your system is clean.

Louis

#3 garmanma

garmanma

Computer Masochist

• Members
  • 27,809 posts
  •  

Posted 19 September 2008 - 04:06 PM

We'll go ahead and move this
Mark
Posted Image
why won't my laptop work?

Having grandkids is God's way of giving you a 2nd chance because you were too busy working your butt off the 1st time around
Do not send me PMs with problems that should be posted in the forums. Keep it in the forums, so everyone benefits
Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook and Twitter

#4 blsblaze

blsblaze
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  

Posted 19 September 2008 - 04:06 PM

Thanks

#5 DaChew

DaChew

Visiting Alien

• Members
  • 10,317 posts
  •  

Posted 19 September 2008 - 04:37 PM

ebaum's has a good secuirty rating even tho they have been sued by everybody?

But all it takes is one bad banner ad and an unprotected computer(IE6 is horrible)

Let's run MBAM

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/ind...mp;#entry944365
Chewy

No. Try not. Do... or do not. There is no try.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users