Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

"dsr Is Low While Initializing The Modem. Verify Modem Is Turned On."

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 Jove

Jove

• Members
  • 2,739 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:23 PM

Posted 19 September 2008 - 09:37 AM

I have recently scanned with, Malwarebytes, Superantispyware, and Spybot, Malbytes found;

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Advanced\StartMenuLogOff (Hijack.StartMenu) -> Bad: (1) Good: (0) -> No action taken.

Was corrected.

I have been having some problems with modem, but not in connecting, occasionally, it displays that the phone book was not found, and or another device is connected, although I can not find another device.

The guide in Start, "Show all connections" and "my connection", is there then it's not.

The blue dial up box does not appear when I click the icon on desk top, there is only a small box, that dispalys dialing and then connected, this usually follows the dial command from the bigger blue box.

I did a Modem analytic log, and received info. that the,
"DSR is low while initializing the modem. Verify modem is turned on."

I found the following in DriverGuide Support Forums
http://forums.driverguide.com/archive/index.php/t-3548.html

I would like to know; would this pertain to my dial up connection ?

I am using the Motorola Speakerphone 56K software modem.
Though the modem can be installed, 90% of the times it cannot send or receive.
When running diagnosis, the log shows the following message :

"DSR is low while initializing the modem. Verify modem is turned on."

I believe this should be configuration setting problem. Can anybody help?

Edwin
Unregistered
11-07-2004, 01:53 PM
DSR (Data Set Ready)
http://www.pcguide.com/vb/archive/index.php/t-31884.html

This is a driver issue. All of the modem functions run in software on this modem.
Upgrade the driver.
http://www.motorola.com/softmodem/driver.htm
Unregistered
11-08-2004, 01:20 PM
In fact, I have tested all the drivers but still cannot get it work. Moreover, my modem comes with the original driver from manufacturer. I search the Internet that there can be similar problem from other user but seems that there is no proper resolution.
Unregistered
11-08-2004, 02:05 PM
If your motherboard BIOS has a setting for "Modem uses IRQ" set it to N/A
Microsoft recommends setting the BIOS setting for "OS is Plug and Play " to disable; when using "Windows XP"; XP likes to set up the hardware itself.
Uninstall the modem driver, shutdown the computer, reboot without the modem.
Then shut down and install the modem in a different PCI slot and reinstall the driver.
Try not to use the PCI slot next to the AGP slot; it shares rescorces with the AGP slot.

If still having problems I would suspect a bad modem.

When you don't have to worry about your computer anymore, you can start
living again !

vrwqzc.gif
Success is a result, not a goal. . . . Flaubert

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users