Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Slow Pc With Extraordinary Upload Amount

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
11 replies to this topic

#1 kebeni

kebeni

• Members
  • 8 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:49 AM

Posted 19 September 2008 - 07:17 AM

My pc is doing about 10x the amount of uploads to downloads. I don't use P2P and really have no idea what it is doing. Am pretty much tech ignorant so that doesn't help. Hoping someone can help me here :thumbsup:

ETA I'm using Vista as my OS, use Firefox as my browser, don't use any email other than GMail and don't do any file sharing (that I am aware of). I do use picassa for photos and occasionally flicker. The only game I play online is scrabble occasionally.

anyway, thanks in advance

K

Attached Files

Edited by kebeni, 19 September 2008 - 07:20 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Billy O'Neal

Billy O'Neal

Visual C++ STL Maintainer

• Malware Response Team
  • 12,304 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:49 PM

Posted 28 September 2008 - 10:53 AM

Hello, kebeni.
:thumbsup: to BleepingComputer.com

My name is Billy O'Neal and I will be helping you. (Billy or Bill is fine, if you like.)

I want to apologise that it has taken so long to get back to you. We on the HJT Team are working as fast as possible to get your log answered.

If you would still like help, please post a new HiJack This log below, as things may have changed on your system.

If you do not still need help, please let me know, so that I can move on to other users who still need help.

Please take note of the following:
  • While a HJT Team member is working with you, please refrain from making any changes to your computer.
  • Also, even if things appear to be running better, there is no guarantee that everything is finished. Please continue to check this forum post in order to ensure we get your system completely clean. We do not want to clean you part-way up, only to have the system re-infect itself. :)
  • If you do not understand any step(s) provided, please do not hesitate to ask before continuing. I would much rather clarify instructions or explain them differently than have something important broken.
  • Please reply using the Posted Image button in the lower left hand corner of your screen.
  • Old topics are closed after 3 days with no reply, and working topics are closed after 5 days. If for any reason you cannot complete instructions within that time, that's fine, just put a post here so that I know you're still here. We get a lot of people who simply leave, and if there is no contact for that amount of time I will have to assume you have "vanished" :).
Billy3
Twitter - My statements do not establish the official position of Microsoft Corporation, and are my own personal opinion. (But you already knew that, right?)
Posted Image

#3 kebeni

kebeni
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 8 posts
  •  

Posted 29 September 2008 - 06:31 AM

Hi Billy, thankyou so much for your help and prompt reply. Here is the log I have just done.

ETA that these are the stats on the uploads etc Received bytes 310.8 [MB] Sent bytes 1719.5 [MB]

I haven't sent any major files today or used my phone which is linked to the bb or uploaded anything. Infact I haven't really been online much at all today.

cheers
kelli :thumbsup:

Attached Files

Edited by kebeni, 29 September 2008 - 07:20 AM.

#4 Billy O'Neal

Billy O'Neal

• Malware Response Team
  • 12,304 posts
  •  

Posted 29 September 2008 - 02:19 PM

Hello, kebeni.
I don't think this problem is malware related. But let's get a second opinion to be sure :thumbsup:
That log appears clean.

Please paste the logs in here in the future rather than attaching them :)

You appear to have a Registry Cleaner installed!
The following is referring to Uniblue Registry Booster 2
Please be aware that bleepingcomputer staff do not recommend the usage of registry cleaners / tools due to the following facts:
  • Registry tools can cause irreparable damage to your Operating System
  • Registry tools can, as a result of the above, render your pc to be inoperable.
This is done, assuming that the major audience here at this board might be inexperienced users and thus a suggested safeguard from our side.
If you feel you have the need for a registry cleaner, then you are just as welcome to keep it. This is what we refer to an "optional fix" and is up to the user, so just take this as a recommendation from my side.

I would like us to use ESET (NOD32)'s Online Scanner
  • Please go to ESET OnlineScan (NOD32)
  • You will then see the Terms of Use, tick the check-box infront of YES, I accept the Terms of Use
  • Now click Start
  • Should you face a Security Warning that asks if you want to install and run a file called "OnlineScanner.cab", click Yes
  • Click Start
    • Note: (the Onlinescanner will now prepare itself for running on your pc)
  • To do a full-scan, tick: "Remove found threats" and "Scan potentially unwanted applications"
  • Press Scan
  • The Onlinescan will now start and scan your pc (this could take a while)
  • When the scan has finished, it will show a screen with two tabs "overview" and "details" and the option to get information or buy software, just close the window
  • Click Start >> Run... >> type: C:\Program Files\EsetOnlineScanner\log.txt
  • The Scanresults will now open in Notepad
  • Click into the text area, right-click and chose "select all" (or use <Control>+A)
  • Right-click again and chose "Copy" (or <Control>+C)
  • Close/Exit Notepad
  • Navigate to this thread and post your log along with anything else requested from us, by right-clicking and "paste" (or ctrl+v) in the text area of the reply post you just created.
Note: For Vista Users: Eset is compatible but Internet Explorer must be run as Administrator. To do this, right-click on the IE icon in the Start Menu or Quick Launch Bar on the Taskbar and select "Run as Administrator" from the context menu.)
  • Download random's system information tool (RSIT) by random/random from here and save it to your desktop.
  • Double click on RSIT.exe to run RSIT.
  • Click Continue at the disclaimer screen.
  • Once it has finished, two logs will open. Please post the contents of both log.txt (<<will be maximized) and info.txt (<<will be minimized)
In your next reply, please include the following:
  • ESET OnlineScan's Log
  • RSIT Log.txt
  • RSIT Extra.txt

Billy3
Twitter - My statements do not establish the official position of Microsoft Corporation, and are my own personal opinion. (But you already knew that, right?)
Posted Image

#5 kebeni

kebeni
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 8 posts
  •  

Posted 29 September 2008 - 09:10 PM

thanks Billy, I think this is what you mean. I can't get the first one to load on IE atm

K

Logfile of random's system information tool 1.02 (written by random/random)
Run by kelli at 2008-09-30 11:59:47
Microsoft® Windows Vista™ Home Basic Service Pack 1
System drive C: has 45 GB (30%) free of 148 GB
Total RAM: 2430 MB (68% free)

Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v2.0.2
Scan saved at 12:00:04 PM, on 30/09/2008
Platform: Windows Vista SP1 (WinNT 6.00.1905)
MSIE: Internet Explorer v7.00 (7.00.6001.18000)
Boot mode: Normal

Running processes:
C:\Windows\system32\Dwm.exe
C:\Windows\Explorer.EXE
C:\Windows\system32\taskeng.exe
C:\Windows\system32\taskeng.exe
C:\Program Files\Windows Defender\MSASCui.exe
C:\hp\support\hpsysdrv.exe
C:\Windows\RtHDVCpl.exe
C:\Program Files\AVG\AVG8\avgtray.exe
C:\Windows\System32\rundll32.exe
C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.6.0_07\bin\jusched.exe
C:\Program Files\Picasa2\PicasaMediaDetector.exe
C:\Program Files\Windows Media Player\wmpnscfg.exe
C:\Windows\system32\wbem\unsecapp.exe
C:\hp\kbd\kbd.exe
C:\Windows\system32\sdclt.exe
C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\iexplore.exe
C:\Windows\system32\SearchFilterHost.exe
C:\Users\kelli\Desktop\RSIT.exe
C:\Program Files\Trend Micro\HijackThis\kelli.exe

R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Search Page = http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=54896
R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Default_Page_URL = http://ie.redirect.hp.com/svs/rdr?TYPE=3&a...&pf=desktop
R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Default_Search_URL = http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=54896
R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Search Page = http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=54896
R0 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Start Page = http://ie.redirect.hp.com/svs/rdr?TYPE=3&a...&pf=desktop
R0 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Search,SearchAssistant =
R0 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Search,CustomizeSearch =
R0 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Toolbar,LinksFolderName =
O1 - Hosts: ::1 localhost
O2 - BHO: Adobe PDF Reader Link Helper - {06849E9F-C8D7-4D59-B87D-784B7D6BE0B3} - C:\Program Files\Adobe\Acrobat 7.0\ActiveX\AcroIEHelper.dll
O2 - BHO: (no name) - {1E8A6170-7264-4D0F-BEAE-D42A53123C75} - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\coShared\Browser\1.5\NppBho.dll
O2 - BHO: WormRadar.com IESiteBlocker.NavFilter - {3CA2F312-6F6E-4B53-A66E-4E65E497C8C0} - C:\Program Files\AVG\AVG8\avgssie.dll
O2 - BHO: SSVHelper Class - {761497BB-D6F0-462C-B6EB-D4DAF1D92D43} - C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.6.0_07\bin\ssv.dll
O2 - BHO: AcroIEToolbarHelper Class - {AE7CD045-E861-484f-8273-0445EE161910} - C:\Program Files\Adobe\Acrobat 7.0\Acrobat\AcroIEFavClient.dll
O3 - Toolbar: Show Norton Toolbar - {90222687-F593-4738-B738-FBEE9C7B26DF} - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\coShared\Browser\1.5\UIBHO.dll
O3 - Toolbar: Adobe PDF - {47833539-D0C5-4125-9FA8-0819E2EAAC93} - C:\Program Files\Adobe\Acrobat 7.0\Acrobat\AcroIEFavClient.dll
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Windows Defender] %ProgramFiles%\Windows Defender\MSASCui.exe -hide
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [hpsysdrv] c:\hp\support\hpsysdrv.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [KBD] C:\HP\KBD\KbdStub.EXE
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [RtHDVCpl] RtHDVCpl.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [AVG8_TRAY] C:\PROGRA~1\AVG\AVG8\avgtray.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Lexmark X74-X75] "C:\Program Files\Lexmark X74-X75\lxbbbmgr.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [NvCplDaemon] RUNDLL32.EXE C:\Windows\system32\NvCpl.dll,NvStartup
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [NvMediaCenter] RUNDLL32.EXE C:\Windows\system32\NvMcTray.dll,NvTaskbarInit
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [SunJavaUpdateSched] "C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.6.0_07\bin\jusched.exe"
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [Uniblue Registry Booster2] c:\program files\uniblue\registrybooster2\StartRegistryBooster.exe
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [BgMonitor_{79662E04-7C6C-4d9f-84C7-88D8A56B10AA}] "C:\Program Files\Common Files\Ahead\Lib\NMBgMonitor.exe"
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [Picasa Media Detector] C:\Program Files\Picasa2\PicasaMediaDetector
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [ISUSPM Startup] C:\PROGRA~1\COMMON~1\INSTAL~1\UPDATE~1\ISUSPM.exe -startup
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [WMPNSCFG] C:\Program Files\Windows Media Player\WMPNSCFG.exe
O4 - HKUS\S-1-5-19\..\Run: [Sidebar] %ProgramFiles%\Windows Sidebar\Sidebar.exe /detectMem (User 'LOCAL SERVICE')
O4 - HKUS\S-1-5-19\..\Run: [WindowsWelcomeCenter] rundll32.exe oobefldr.dll,ShowWelcomeCenter (User 'LOCAL SERVICE')
O4 - HKUS\S-1-5-20\..\Run: [Sidebar] %ProgramFiles%\Windows Sidebar\Sidebar.exe /detectMem (User 'NETWORK SERVICE')
O8 - Extra context menu item: Convert link target to Adobe PDF - res://C:\Program Files\Adobe\Acrobat 7.0\Acrobat\AcroIEFavClient.dll/AcroIECapture.html
O8 - Extra context menu item: Convert link target to existing PDF - res://C:\Program Files\Adobe\Acrobat 7.0\Acrobat\AcroIEFavClient.dll/AcroIEAppend.html
O8 - Extra context menu item: Convert selected links to Adobe PDF - res://C:\Program Files\Adobe\Acrobat 7.0\Acrobat\AcroIEFavClient.dll/AcroIECaptureSelLinks.html
O8 - Extra context menu item: Convert selected links to existing PDF - res://C:\Program Files\Adobe\Acrobat 7.0\Acrobat\AcroIEFavClient.dll/AcroIEAppendSelLinks.html
O8 - Extra context menu item: Convert selection to Adobe PDF - res://C:\Program Files\Adobe\Acrobat 7.0\Acrobat\AcroIEFavClient.dll/AcroIECapture.html
O8 - Extra context menu item: Convert selection to existing PDF - res://C:\Program Files\Adobe\Acrobat 7.0\Acrobat\AcroIEFavClient.dll/AcroIEAppend.html
O8 - Extra context menu item: Convert to Adobe PDF - res://C:\Program Files\Adobe\Acrobat 7.0\Acrobat\AcroIEFavClient.dll/AcroIECapture.html
O8 - Extra context menu item: Convert to existing PDF - res://C:\Program Files\Adobe\Acrobat 7.0\Acrobat\AcroIEFavClient.dll/AcroIEAppend.html
O8 - Extra context menu item: E&xport to Microsoft Excel - res://C:\PROGRA~1\MICROS~3\Office12\EXCEL.EXE/3000
O9 - Extra button: (no name) - {08B0E5C0-4FCB-11CF-AAA5-00401C608501} - C:\PROGRA~1\Java\JRE16~3.0_0\bin\ssv.dll
O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: Sun Java Console - {08B0E5C0-4FCB-11CF-AAA5-00401C608501} - C:\PROGRA~1\Java\JRE16~3.0_0\bin\ssv.dll
O9 - Extra button: Research - {92780B25-18CC-41C8-B9BE-3C9C571A8263} - C:\PROGRA~1\MICROS~3\Office12\REFIEBAR.DLL
O13 - Gopher Prefix:
O18 - Protocol: linkscanner - {F274614C-63F8-47D5-A4D1-FBDDE494F8D1} - C:\Program Files\AVG\AVG8\avgpp.dll
O20 - AppInit_DLLs: avgrsstx.dll
O23 - Service: Adobe LM Service - Adobe Systems - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Adobe Systems Shared\Service\Adobelmsvc.exe
O23 - Service: Automatic LiveUpdate Scheduler - Symantec Corporation - C:\Program Files\Symantec\LiveUpdate\ALUSchedulerSvc.exe
O23 - Service: AVG Free8 WatchDog (avg8wd) - AVG Technologies CZ, s.r.o. - C:\PROGRA~1\AVG\AVG8\avgwdsvc.exe
O23 - Service: Symantec Event Manager (ccEvtMgr) - Symantec Corporation - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\ccSvcHst.exe
O23 - Service: Symantec Settings Manager (ccSetMgr) - Symantec Corporation - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\ccSvcHst.exe
O23 - Service: Symantec Lic NetConnect service (CLTNetCnService) - Symantec Corporation - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\ccSvcHst.exe
O23 - Service: COM Host (comHost) - Symantec Corporation - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\VAScanner\comHost.exe
O23 - Service: Google Updater Service (gusvc) - Google - C:\Program Files\Google\Common\Google Updater\GoogleUpdaterService.exe
O23 - Service: Symantec IS Password Validation (ISPwdSvc) - Symantec Corporation - C:\Program Files\Norton Internet Security\isPwdSvc.exe
O23 - Service: LexBce Server (LexBceS) - Lexmark International, Inc. - C:\Windows\System32\LEXBCES.EXE
O23 - Service: LightScribeService Direct Disc Labeling Service (LightScribeService) - Hewlett-Packard Company - c:\Program Files\Common Files\LightScribe\LSSrvc.exe
O23 - Service: LiveUpdate - Symantec Corporation - C:\PROGRA~1\Symantec\LIVEUP~1\LUCOMS~1.EXE
O23 - Service: NMIndexingService - Unknown owner - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Ahead\Lib\NMIndexingService.exe (file missing)
O23 - Service: NVIDIA Display Driver Service (nvsvc) - NVIDIA Corporation - C:\Windows\system32\nvvsvc.exe
O23 - Service: stllssvr - Unknown owner - c:\Program Files\Common Files\SureThing Shared\stllssvr.exe (file missing)
O23 - Service: Symantec Core LC - Symantec Corporation - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\CCPD-LC\symlcsvc.exe
O23 - Service: Symantec AppCore Service (SymAppCore) - Symantec Corporation - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\AppCore\AppSvc32.exe
O23 - Service: XAudioService - Conexant Systems, Inc. - C:\Windows\system32\DRIVERS\xaudio.exe

--
End of file - 8490 bytes

======Scheduled tasks folder======

C:\Windows\tasks\Norton Internet Security - Run Full System Scan - kelli.job

======Registry dump======

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Browser Helper Objects\{06849E9F-C8D7-4D59-B87D-784B7D6BE0B3}]
Adobe PDF Reader Link Helper - C:\Program Files\Adobe\Acrobat 7.0\ActiveX\AcroIEHelper.dll [2006-12-18 59032]

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Browser Helper Objects\{1E8A6170-7264-4D0F-BEAE-D42A53123C75}]
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\coShared\Browser\1.5\NppBho.dll [2007-01-12 96936]

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Browser Helper Objects\{3CA2F312-6F6E-4B53-A66E-4E65E497C8C0}]
AVG Safe Search - C:\Program Files\AVG\AVG8\avgssie.dll [2008-09-26 455960]

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Browser Helper Objects\{761497BB-D6F0-462C-B6EB-D4DAF1D92D43}]
SSVHelper Class - C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.6.0_07\bin\ssv.dll [2008-06-10 509328]

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Browser Helper Objects\{AE7CD045-E861-484f-8273-0445EE161910}]
AcroIEToolbarHelper Class - C:\Program Files\Adobe\Acrobat 7.0\Acrobat\AcroIEFavClient.dll [2004-12-14 225280]

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Toolbar]
{90222687-F593-4738-B738-FBEE9C7B26DF} - Show Norton Toolbar - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\coShared\Browser\1.5\UIBHO.dll [2007-01-12 607888]
{47833539-D0C5-4125-9FA8-0819E2EAAC93} - Adobe PDF - C:\Program Files\Adobe\Acrobat 7.0\Acrobat\AcroIEFavClient.dll [2004-12-14 225280]

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run]
"Windows Defender"=C:\Program Files\Windows Defender\MSASCui.exe [2008-01-19 1008184]
"hpsysdrv"=c:\hp\support\hpsysdrv.exe [2006-09-28 65536]
"KBD"=C:\HP\KBD\KbdStub.EXE [2006-12-09 65536]
"RtHDVCpl"=C:\Windows\RtHDVCpl.exe [2008-01-15 4874240]
""=C:\Windows\system32\
"AVG8_TRAY"=C:\PROGRA~1\AVG\AVG8\avgtray.exe [2008-09-26 1235736]
"Lexmark X74-X75"=C:\Program Files\Lexmark X74-X75\lxbbbmgr.exe []
"NvCplDaemon"=C:\Windows\system32\NvCpl.dll [2008-05-22 13539872]
"NvMediaCenter"=C:\Windows\system32\NvMcTray.dll [2008-05-22 92704]
"SunJavaUpdateSched"=C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.6.0_07\bin\jusched.exe [2008-06-10 144784]

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run]
"Uniblue Registry Booster2"=c:\program files\uniblue\registrybooster2\StartRegistryBooster.exe []
"BgMonitor_{79662E04-7C6C-4d9f-84C7-88D8A56B10AA}"=C:\Program Files\Common Files\Ahead\Lib\NMBgMonitor.exe []
"Picasa Media Detector"=C:\Program Files\Picasa2\PicasaMediaDetector []
"ISUSPM Startup"=C:\PROGRA~1\COMMON~1\INSTAL~1\UPDATE~1\ISUSPM.exe [2005-02-17 221184]
"WMPNSCFG"=C:\Program Files\Windows Media Player\WMPNSCFG.exe [2008-01-19 202240]

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Windows]
"AppInit_DLLS"="avgrsstx.dll"

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\System]
"dontdisplaylastusername"=0
"legalnoticecaption"=
"legalnoticetext"=
"shutdownwithoutlogon"=1
"undockwithoutlogon"=1
"EnableUIADesktopToggle"=0

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\system\currentcontrolset\services\sharedaccess\parameters\firewallpolicy\standardprofile\authorizedapplications\list]
"C:\Program Files\BitTorrent\bittorrent.exe"="C:\Program Files\BitTorrent\bittorrent.exe:*:Enabled:BitTorrent"

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\system\currentcontrolset\services\sharedaccess\parameters\firewallpolicy\domainprofile\authorizedapplications\list]

======File associations======

.js - open -

======List of files/folders created in the last 1 months======

2008-09-30 11:59:47 ----D---- C:\rsit
2008-09-19 19:33:52 ----D---- C:\Users\kelli\AppData\Roaming\PeerNetworking
2008-09-18 19:01:27 ----D---- C:\Program Files\Trend Micro
2008-09-18 14:56:03 ----D---- C:\Users\kelli\AppData\Roaming\Malwarebytes
2008-09-18 14:56:00 ----D---- C:\ProgramData\Malwarebytes
2008-09-10 09:14:55 ----A---- C:\Windows\system32\GameUXLegacyGDFs.dll
2008-09-10 09:14:55 ----A---- C:\Windows\system32\Apphlpdm.dll
2008-09-10 09:13:33 ----A---- C:\Windows\system32\wmpeffects.dll
2008-09-10 09:12:17 ----A---- C:\Windows\system32\emdmgmt.dll
2008-09-10 09:12:17 ----A---- C:\Windows\system32\dataclen.dll
2008-09-10 09:12:17 ----A---- C:\Windows\system32\cdd.dll

======List of files/folders modified in the last 1 months======

2008-09-30 12:00:04 ----D---- C:\Windows\Temp
2008-09-30 12:00:01 ----D---- C:\Windows\Prefetch
2008-09-30 11:14:23 ----D---- C:\ProgramData\DVD Shrink
2008-09-30 10:18:00 ----D---- C:\Windows\System32
2008-09-30 10:18:00 ----A---- C:\Windows\system32\PerfStringBackup.INI
2008-09-30 10:17:59 ----D---- C:\Windows\inf
2008-09-29 09:35:40 ----SHD---- C:\System Volume Information
2008-09-26 19:01:21 ----D---- C:\Windows\system32\catroot2
2008-09-26 18:23:21 ----D---- C:\Windows\system32\WDI
2008-09-26 18:16:34 ----D---- C:\Windows\system32\drivers
2008-09-19 20:32:11 ----D---- C:\Windows\rescache
2008-09-19 20:17:09 ----D---- C:\Windows\system32\Adobe
2008-09-19 20:17:09 ----D---- C:\Program Files\Common Files\Adobe
2008-09-19 20:15:58 ----HD---- C:\ProgramData
2008-09-19 20:13:28 ----D---- C:\Windows\Minidump
2008-09-19 20:13:27 ----D---- C:\Windows
2008-09-19 20:13:22 ----SD---- C:\Windows\Downloaded Program Files
2008-09-19 20:04:33 ----HD---- C:\Program Files\InstallShield Installation Information
2008-09-19 20:04:33 ----D---- C:\Windows\twain_32
2008-09-19 20:03:40 ----HD---- C:\hp
2008-09-19 19:58:31 ----SHD---- C:\Windows\Installer
2008-09-19 19:45:20 ----D---- C:\Windows\winsxs
2008-09-19 19:45:19 ----D---- C:\Windows\system32\wbem
2008-09-19 19:24:42 ----D---- C:\Windows\system32\Tasks
2008-09-19 19:16:35 ----RD---- C:\Program Files
2008-09-18 17:44:18 ----D---- C:\Program Files\Spybot - Search & Destroy
2008-09-18 17:43:04 ----D---- C:\ProgramData\Spybot - Search & Destroy
2008-09-18 17:42:00 ----D---- C:\Program Files\Common Files
2008-09-10 10:41:41 ----D---- C:\Windows\AppPatch
2008-09-10 10:39:56 ----D---- C:\ProgramData\Microsoft Help
2008-09-10 10:38:34 ----D---- C:\Windows\system32\catroot
2008-09-04 17:40:47 ----D---- C:\Users\kelli\AppData\Roaming\Adobe
2008-08-31 18:35:40 ----D---- C:\Users\kelli\AppData\Roaming\Mozilla

======List of drivers (R=Running, S=Stopped, 0=Boot, 1=System, 2=Auto, 3=Demand, 4=Disabled)======

R1 AvgLdx86;AVG Free AVI Loader Driver x86; C:\Windows\System32\Drivers\avgldx86.sys [2008-09-26 97928]
R1 AvgMfx86;AVG Minifilter x86 Resident Driver; C:\Windows\System32\Drivers\avgmfx86.sys [2008-07-18 26824]
R1 eeCtrl;Symantec Eraser Control driver; \??\C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\EENGINE\eeCtrl.sys [2007-04-04 389432]
R1 IDSvix86;Symantec Intrusion Prevention Driver; \??\C:\PROGRA~2\Symantec\DEFINI~1\SymcData\idsdefs\20070409.003\IDSvix86.sys [2007-02-14 212280]
R1 SRTSPX;SRTSPX; C:\Windows\System32\Drivers\SRTSPX.SYS [2007-01-12 25400]
R1 SYMTDI;SYMTDI; C:\Windows\System32\Drivers\SYMTDI.SYS [2007-01-10 191544]
R2 Cdralw2k;Cdralw2k; C:\Windows\system32\drivers\Cdralw2k.sys [2006-07-24 2560]
R2 mdmxsdk;mdmxsdk; C:\Windows\system32\DRIVERS\mdmxsdk.sys [2006-06-19 12672]
R2 XAudio;XAudio; C:\Windows\system32\DRIVERS\xaudio.sys [2007-10-18 8704]
R3 HSF_DP;HSF_DP; C:\Windows\system32\DRIVERS\HSX_DP.sys [2008-05-08 980992]
R3 HSXHWBS2;HSXHWBS2; C:\Windows\system32\DRIVERS\HSXHWBS2.sys [2008-05-08 266752]
R3 IntcAzAudAddService;Service for Realtek HD Audio (WDM); C:\Windows\system32\drivers\RTKVHDA.sys [2008-01-15 2047576]
R3 NVENETFD;NVIDIA nForce Networking Controller Driver; C:\Windows\system32\DRIVERS\nvmfdx32.sys [2007-05-04 1065384]
R3 nvlddmkm;nvlddmkm; C:\Windows\system32\DRIVERS\nvlddmkm.sys [2008-05-22 7465312]
R3 Ps2;PS2; C:\Windows\system32\DRIVERS\PS2.sys [2005-12-13 19072]
R3 SymEvent;SymEvent; \??\C:\Windows\system32\Drivers\SYMEVENT.SYS [2007-02-18 115000]
R3 usbaudio;USB Audio Driver (WDM); C:\Windows\system32\drivers\usbaudio.sys [2008-01-19 73088]
R3 VX1000;VX-1000; C:\Windows\system32\DRIVERS\VX1000.sys [2007-04-11 1966312]
R3 winachsf;winachsf; C:\Windows\system32\DRIVERS\HSX_CNXT.sys [2008-05-08 661504]
R3 WUDFRd;WUDFRd; C:\Windows\system32\DRIVERS\WUDFRd.sys [2008-01-19 83328]
S1 Cdr4_2K;Cdr4_2K; C:\Windows\system32\drivers\Cdr4_2K.sys [2007-08-28 52464]
S3 drmkaud;Microsoft Kernel DRM Audio Descrambler; C:\Windows\system32\drivers\drmkaud.sys [2008-01-19 5632]
S3 HdAudAddService;Microsoft 1.1 UAA Function Driver for High Definition Audio Service; C:\Windows\system32\drivers\HdAudio.sys [2006-11-02 235520]
S3 ICDUSB2;Sony IC Recorder (P); C:\Windows\System32\Drivers\ICDUSB2.sys [2002-11-28 39048]
S3 MSKSSRV;Microsoft Streaming Service Proxy; C:\Windows\system32\drivers\MSKSSRV.sys [2008-01-19 8192]
S3 MSPCLOCK;Microsoft Streaming Clock Proxy; C:\Windows\system32\drivers\MSPCLOCK.sys [2008-01-19 5888]
S3 MSPQM;Microsoft Streaming Quality Manager Proxy; C:\Windows\system32\drivers\MSPQM.sys [2008-01-19 5504]
S3 MSTEE;Microsoft Streaming Tee/Sink-to-Sink Converter; C:\Windows\system32\drivers\MSTEE.sys [2008-01-19 6016]
S3 NAVENG;NAVENG; \??\C:\PROGRA~2\Symantec\DEFINI~1\VIRUSD~1\20070409.016\NAVENG.SYS [2007-04-02 77688]
S3 NAVEX15;NAVEX15; \??\C:\PROGRA~2\Symantec\DEFINI~1\VIRUSD~1\20070409.016\NAVEX15.SYS [2007-04-02 852824]
S3 NCHSSVAD;SoundTap Recorder; C:\Windows\system32\drivers\nchssvad.sys [2007-11-03 23616]
S3 SPBBCDrv;SPBBCDrv; \??\C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\SPBBC\SPBBCDrv.sys [2007-02-01 417592]
S3 SRTSP;SRTSP; C:\Windows\System32\Drivers\SRTSP.SYS [2007-01-12 247608]
S3 SRTSPL;SRTSPL; C:\Windows\System32\Drivers\SRTSPL.SYS [2007-01-12 276792]
S3 SYMDNS;SYMDNS; C:\Windows\System32\Drivers\SYMDNS.SYS [2007-01-10 12984]
S3 SYMFW;SYMFW; C:\Windows\System32\Drivers\SYMFW.SYS [2007-01-10 145976]
S3 SYMIDS;SYMIDS; C:\Windows\System32\Drivers\SYMIDS.SYS [2007-01-10 40120]
S3 SYMNDISV;SYMNDISV; C:\Windows\System32\Drivers\SYMNDISV.SYS [2007-01-10 38200]
S3 SYMREDRV;SYMREDRV; C:\Windows\System32\Drivers\SYMREDRV.SYS [2007-01-10 27576]
S3 USB_RNDIS;NetComm NB5 USB; C:\Windows\system32\DRIVERS\usb8023.sys [2008-01-19 15872]
S3 usbscan;USB Scanner Driver; C:\Windows\system32\DRIVERS\usbscan.sys [2008-01-19 35328]
S4 Cdralwnt;Cdralwnt; C:\Windows\system32\drivers\Cdralwnt.sys [2000-11-14 27132]
S4 WmiAcpi;Microsoft Windows Management Interface for ACPI; C:\Windows\system32\drivers\wmiacpi.sys [2006-11-02 11264]

======List of services (R=Running, S=Stopped, 0=Boot, 1=System, 2=Auto, 3=Demand, 4=Disabled)======

R2 Automatic LiveUpdate Scheduler;Automatic LiveUpdate Scheduler; C:\Program Files\Symantec\LiveUpdate\ALUSchedulerSvc.exe [2007-09-12 554352]
R2 avg8wd;AVG Free8 WatchDog; C:\PROGRA~1\AVG\AVG8\avgwdsvc.exe [2008-09-26 231704]
R2 ccEvtMgr;Symantec Event Manager; C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\ccSvcHst.exe [2007-01-10 108648]
R2 ccSetMgr;Symantec Settings Manager; C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\ccSvcHst.exe [2007-01-10 108648]
R2 CLTNetCnService;Symantec Lic NetConnect service; C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\ccSvcHst.exe [2007-01-10 108648]
R2 LexBceS;LexBce Server; C:\Windows\System32\LEXBCES.EXE [2002-10-15 303104]
R2 LightScribeService;LightScribeService Direct Disc Labeling Service; c:\Program Files\Common Files\LightScribe\LSSrvc.exe [2006-10-20 61440]
R2 nvsvc;NVIDIA Display Driver Service; C:\Windows\system32\nvvsvc.exe [2008-05-22 118784]
R2 SymAppCore;Symantec AppCore Service; C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\AppCore\AppSvc32.exe [2007-01-05 47712]
R2 XAudioService;XAudioService; C:\Windows\system32\DRIVERS\xaudio.exe [2007-10-18 386560]
S3 Adobe LM Service;Adobe LM Service; C:\Program Files\Common Files\Adobe Systems Shared\Service\Adobelmsvc.exe [2007-05-10 69632]
S3 comHost;COM Host; C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\VAScanner\comHost.exe [2007-01-13 49248]
S3 gusvc;Google Updater Service; C:\Program Files\Google\Common\Google Updater\GoogleUpdaterService.exe [2007-02-14 138168]
S3 ISPwdSvc;Symantec IS Password Validation; C:\Program Files\Norton Internet Security\isPwdSvc.exe [2007-01-14 80504]
S3 LiveUpdate;LiveUpdate; C:\PROGRA~1\Symantec\LIVEUP~1\LUCOMS~1.EXE [2007-09-12 2999664]
S3 NMIndexingService;NMIndexingService; C:\Program Files\Common Files\Ahead\Lib\NMIndexingService.exe []
S3 odserv;Microsoft Office Diagnostics Service; C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\OFFICE12\ODSERV.EXE [2007-08-24 443776]
S3 ose;Office Source Engine; C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\Source Engine\OSE.EXE [2006-10-26 145184]
S3 stllssvr;stllssvr; c:\Program Files\Common Files\SureThing Shared\stllssvr.exe []
S3 Symantec Core LC;Symantec Core LC; C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\CCPD-LC\symlcsvc.exe [2007-02-18 1174664]
S3 usnjsvc;Messenger Sharing Folders USN Journal Reader service; C:\Program Files\Windows Live\Messenger\usnsvc.exe [2007-10-18 98328]

-----------------EOF-----------------

info.txt logfile of random's system information tool 1.02 2008-09-30 12:00:05

======Uninstall list======

-->RunDll32 C:\PROGRA~1\COMMON~1\INSTAL~1\engine\6\INTEL3~1\Ctor.dll,LaunchSetup "C:\Program Files\InstallShield Installation Information\{510582B9-2633-11D4-99DC-0000F49094C7}\Setup.exe" UNINSTALL
2007 Microsoft Office Suite Service Pack 1 (SP1)-->msiexec /package {90120000-0015-0409-0000-0000000FF1CE} /uninstall {4CA4ECC1-DBD4-4591-8F4C-AA12AD2D3E59}
2007 Microsoft Office Suite Service Pack 1 (SP1)-->msiexec /package {90120000-0016-0409-0000-0000000FF1CE} /uninstall {4CA4ECC1-DBD4-4591-8F4C-AA12AD2D3E59}
2007 Microsoft Office Suite Service Pack 1 (SP1)-->msiexec /package {90120000-0018-0409-0000-0000000FF1CE} /uninstall {4CA4ECC1-DBD4-4591-8F4C-AA12AD2D3E59}
2007 Microsoft Office Suite Service Pack 1 (SP1)-->msiexec /package {90120000-0019-0409-0000-0000000FF1CE} /uninstall {4CA4ECC1-DBD4-4591-8F4C-AA12AD2D3E59}
2007 Microsoft Office Suite Service Pack 1 (SP1)-->msiexec /package {90120000-001A-0409-0000-0000000FF1CE} /uninstall {4CA4ECC1-DBD4-4591-8F4C-AA12AD2D3E59}
2007 Microsoft Office Suite Service Pack 1 (SP1)-->msiexec /package {90120000-001B-0409-0000-0000000FF1CE} /uninstall {4CA4ECC1-DBD4-4591-8F4C-AA12AD2D3E59}
2007 Microsoft Office Suite Service Pack 1 (SP1)-->msiexec /package {90120000-001F-0409-0000-0000000FF1CE} /uninstall {3EC77D26-799B-4CD8-914F-C1565E796173}
2007 Microsoft Office Suite Service Pack 1 (SP1)-->msiexec /package {90120000-001F-040C-0000-0000000FF1CE} /uninstall {430971B1-C31E-45DA-81E0-72C095BAB72C}
2007 Microsoft Office Suite Service Pack 1 (SP1)-->msiexec /package {90120000-001F-0C0A-0000-0000000FF1CE} /uninstall {F7A31780-33C4-4E39-951A-5EC9B91D7BF1}
2007 Microsoft Office Suite Service Pack 1 (SP1)-->msiexec /package {90120000-006E-0409-0000-0000000FF1CE} /uninstall {FAD8A83E-9BAC-4179-9268-A35948034D85}
2007 Microsoft Office Suite Service Pack 1 (SP1)-->msiexec /package {90120000-0115-0409-0000-0000000FF1CE} /uninstall {FAD8A83E-9BAC-4179-9268-A35948034D85}
2007 Microsoft Office Suite Service Pack 1 (SP1)-->msiexec /package {90120000-0117-0409-0000-0000000FF1CE} /uninstall {4CA4ECC1-DBD4-4591-8F4C-AA12AD2D3E59}
2007 Microsoft Office Suite Service Pack 1 (SP1)-->msiexec /package {91120000-0014-0000-0000-0000000FF1CE} /uninstall {BEE75E01-DD3F-4D5F-B96C-609E6538D419}
Adobe Acrobat 7.0 Standard-->msiexec /I {AC76BA86-1033-0000-BA7E-000000000002}
Adobe Flash Player ActiveX-->C:\Windows\system32\Macromed\Flash\uninstall_activeX.exe
Adobe Flash Player Plugin-->C:\Windows\system32\Macromed\Flash\uninstall_plugin.exe
Adobe Photoshop 7.0-->C:\WINDOWS\ISUNINST.EXE -f"C:\Program Files\Adobe\Photoshop 7.0\Uninst.isu" -c"C:\Program Files\Adobe\Photoshop 7.0\Uninst.dll"
Adobe Reader 7.1.0-->MsiExec.exe /I{AC76BA86-7AD7-1033-7B44-A71000000002}
Adobe Shockwave Player-->C:\Windows\System32\Macromed\SHOCKW~1\UNWISE.EXE C:\Windows\System32\Macromed\SHOCKW~1\Install.log
Ahead Nero Burning ROM-->C:\Program Files\Ahead\nero\uninstall\UNNERO.exe /UNINSTALL
AppCore-->MsiExec.exe /I{EFB5B3B5-A280-4E25-BE1C-634EEFE32C1B}
AV-->MsiExec.exe /I{F4DB525F-A986-4249-B98B-42A8066251CA}
AVG Free 8.0-->C:\Program Files\AVG\AVG8\setup.exe /UNINSTALL
ccCommon-->MsiExec.exe /I{3CCAD2EF-CFF2-4637-82AA-AABF370282D3}
DVD Decrypter (Remove Only)-->"C:\Program Files\DVD Decrypter\uninstall.exe"
DVD Shrink 3.2-->"C:\Program Files\DVD Shrink\unins000.exe"
Enhanced Multimedia Keyboard Solution-->C:\HP\KBD\Install.exe /u
e-tax 2008-->C:\Users\kelli\Documents\etax2008\e-tax 2008_uninstall.exe
Hardware Diagnostic Tools-->C:\Program Files\PC-Doctor 5 for Windows\uninst.exe
HijackThis 2.0.2-->"C:\Program Files\Trend Micro\HijackThis\HijackThis.exe" /uninstall
HP Customer Experience Enhancements-->RunDll32 C:\PROGRA~1\COMMON~1\INSTAL~1\PROFES~1\RunTime\11\00\Intel32\Ctor.dll,LaunchSetup "C:\Program Files\InstallShield Installation Information\{AB5E289E-76BF-4251-9F3F-9B763F681AE0}\setup.exe" -l0x9 -removeonly
HP Easy Setup - Core-->RunDll32 C:\PROGRA~1\COMMON~1\INSTAL~1\PROFES~1\RunTime\11\00\Intel32\Ctor.dll,LaunchSetup "C:\Program Files\InstallShield Installation Information\{F94234DB-FD06-42C3-B88D-6FC4DC9F988C}\setup.exe" -l0x9
HP Easy Setup - Frontend-->RunDll32 C:\PROGRA~1\COMMON~1\INSTAL~1\PROFES~1\RunTime\11\00\Intel32\Ctor.dll,LaunchSetup "C:\Program Files\InstallShield Installation Information\{40F7AED3-0C7D-4582-99F6-484A515C73F2}\setup.exe" -l0x9 -removeonly
HP Picasso Media Center Add-In-->MsiExec.exe /I{55979C41-7D6A-49CC-B591-64AC1BBE2C8B}
HP Update-->MsiExec.exe /X{C8FD5BC1-92EF-4C15-92A9-F9AC7F61985F}
Java™ 6 Update 7-->MsiExec.exe /I{3248F0A8-6813-11D6-A77B-00B0D0160070}
LiveUpdate 3.2 (Symantec Corporation)-->"C:\Program Files\Symantec\LiveUpdate\LSETUP.EXE" /U
Microsoft Office Access MUI (English) 2007-->MsiExec.exe /X{90120000-0015-0409-0000-0000000FF1CE}
Microsoft Office Access Setup Metadata MUI (English) 2007-->MsiExec.exe /X{90120000-0117-0409-0000-0000000FF1CE}
Microsoft Office Excel MUI (English) 2007-->MsiExec.exe /X{90120000-0016-0409-0000-0000000FF1CE}
Microsoft Office Outlook MUI (English) 2007-->MsiExec.exe /X{90120000-001A-0409-0000-0000000FF1CE}
Microsoft Office PowerPoint MUI (English) 2007-->MsiExec.exe /X{90120000-0018-0409-0000-0000000FF1CE}
Microsoft Office Professional 2007-->"C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\OFFICE12\Office Setup Controller\setup.exe" /uninstall PROR /dll OSETUP.DLL
Microsoft Office Professional 2007-->MsiExec.exe /X{91120000-0014-0000-0000-0000000FF1CE}
Microsoft Office Proof (English) 2007-->MsiExec.exe /X{90120000-001F-0409-0000-0000000FF1CE}
Microsoft Office Proof (French) 2007-->MsiExec.exe /X{90120000-001F-040C-0000-0000000FF1CE}
Microsoft Office Proof (Spanish) 2007-->MsiExec.exe /X{90120000-001F-0C0A-0000-0000000FF1CE}
Microsoft Office Proofing (English) 2007-->MsiExec.exe /X{90120000-002C-0409-0000-0000000FF1CE}
Microsoft Office Publisher MUI (English) 2007-->MsiExec.exe /X{90120000-0019-0409-0000-0000000FF1CE}
Microsoft Office Shared MUI (English) 2007-->MsiExec.exe /X{90120000-006E-0409-0000-0000000FF1CE}
Microsoft Office Shared Setup Metadata MUI (English) 2007-->MsiExec.exe /X{90120000-0115-0409-0000-0000000FF1CE}
Microsoft Office Word MUI (English) 2007-->MsiExec.exe /X{90120000-001B-0409-0000-0000000FF1CE}
Microsoft Visual C++ 2005 Redistributable-->MsiExec.exe /X{7299052b-02a4-4627-81f2-1818da5d550d}
Mozilla Firefox (2.0.0.6)-->C:\Program Files\Mozilla Firefox\uninstall\helper.exe
Mozilla Firefox (2.0.0.7)-->C:\PROGRA~1\Mozilla Firefox\uninstall\helper.exe
Mozilla Firefox (3.0.3)-->C:\Users\kelli\Downloads\uninstall\helper.exe
MSRedist-->MsiExec.exe /I{B7C61755-DB48-4003-948F-3D34DB8EAF69}
MSXML 4.0 SP2 (KB927978)-->MsiExec.exe /I{37477865-A3F1-4772-AD43-AAFC6BCFF99F}
MSXML 4.0 SP2 (KB936181)-->MsiExec.exe /I{C04E32E0-0416-434D-AFB9-6969D703A9EF}
MSXML 4.0 SP2 (KB941833)-->MsiExec.exe /I{C523D256-313D-4866-B36A-F3DE528246EF}
neroxml-->MsiExec.exe /I{56C049BE-79E9-4502-BEA7-9754A3E60F9B}
Norton AntiVirus-->MsiExec.exe /X{830D8CBD-C668-49e2-A969-C2C2106332E0}
Norton Confidential Browser Component-->MsiExec.exe /I{4843B611-8FCB-4428-8C23-31D0A5EAE164}
Norton Confidential Web Protection Component-->MsiExec.exe /I{D353CC51-430D-4C6F-9B7E-52003DA1E05A}
Norton Internet Security (Symantec Corporation)-->"C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\SymSetup\{5AA2CD16-706F-41f3-87C5-2B5A031F2B3B}_10_2_0_30\{5AA2CD16-706F-41f3-87C5-2B5A031F2B3B}.exe" /X
Norton Internet Security-->MsiExec.exe /I{48185814-A224-447A-81DA-71BD20580E1B}
Norton Internet Security-->MsiExec.exe /I{5AA2CD16-706F-41f3-87C5-2B5A031F2B3B}
Norton Internet Security-->MsiExec.exe /I{E3EFA461-EB83-4C3B-9C47-2C1D58A01555}
Norton Internet Security-->MsiExec.exe /I{E5EE9939-259F-4DE2-8023-5C49E16A4F43}
Norton Protection Center-->MsiExec.exe /I{9A129ABC-A53A-4209-A21E-D5DEDFB7CCA8}
NVIDIA Drivers-->C:\Windows\system32\NVUNINST.EXE UninstallGUI
OcxSetup-->MsiExec.exe /I{C3DC29BC-A8CF-4578-9DFC-37F049C44771}
Picasa 2-->"C:\Program Files\Picasa2\Uninstall.exe"
PowerDirector Express-->RunDll32 C:\PROGRA~1\COMMON~1\INSTAL~1\engine\6\INTEL3~1\Ctor.dll,LaunchSetup "C:\Program Files\InstallShield Installation Information\{EDE721EC-870A-11D8-9D75-000129760D75}\setup.exe" -uninstall
PowerDVD-->RunDll32 C:\PROGRA~1\COMMON~1\INSTAL~1\engine\6\INTEL3~1\Ctor.dll,LaunchSetup "C:\Program Files\InstallShield Installation Information\{6811CAA0-BF12-11D4-9EA1-0050BAE317E1}\setup.exe" -uninstall
PowerProducer-->RunDll32 C:\PROGRA~1\COMMON~1\INSTAL~1\engine\6\INTEL3~1\Ctor.dll,LaunchSetup "C:\Program Files\InstallShield Installation Information\{B7A0CE06-068E-11D6-97FD-0050BACBF861}\setup.exe" -uninstall
Python 2.4.3-->MsiExec.exe /I{75E71ADD-042C-4F30-BFAC-A9EC42351313}
QuickTime-->MsiExec.exe /I{95A890AA-B3B1-44B6-9C18-A8F7AB3EE7FC}
Reader Rabbit Math Ages 4-6-->C:\Program Files\The Learning Company\Reader Rabbit Math Ages 4-6\uninstal.exe
Realtek High Definition Audio Driver-->RtlUpd.exe -r -m
Security Update for 2007 Microsoft Office System (KB951596)-->msiexec /package {91120000-0014-0000-0000-0000000FF1CE} /uninstall {1AFF2298-CC00-4A3B-866A-C62B8373794E}
Security Update for 2007 Microsoft Office System (KB951944)-->msiexec /package {91120000-0014-0000-0000-0000000FF1CE} /uninstall {797AE457-BA17-4BBC-B501-25FB3A0103C7}
Security Update for CAPICOM (KB931906)-->MsiExec.exe /I{0EFDF2F9-836D-4EB7-A32D-038BD3F1FB2A}
Security Update for CAPICOM (KB931906)-->MsiExec.exe /X{0EFDF2F9-836D-4EB7-A32D-038BD3F1FB2A}
Security Update for Microsoft Office Excel 2007 (KB951546)-->msiexec /package {91120000-0014-0000-0000-0000000FF1CE} /uninstall {7399DD71-8E24-4E60-B6A8-6CED89C0AC26}
Security Update for Microsoft Office PowerPoint 2007 (KB951338)-->msiexec /package {91120000-0014-0000-0000-0000000FF1CE} /uninstall {558B709B-821B-4FC5-90FC-9A8890641E77}
Security Update for Microsoft Office Publisher 2007 (KB950114)-->msiexec /package {91120000-0014-0000-0000-0000000FF1CE} /uninstall {F9C3CDBA-1F00-4D4D-959D-75C9D3ACDD85}
Security Update for Microsoft Office system 2007 (KB951808)-->msiexec /package {91120000-0014-0000-0000-0000000FF1CE} /uninstall {8F375E11-4FD6-4B89-9E2B-A76D48B51E00}
Security Update for Microsoft Office system 2007 (KB954326)-->msiexec /package {91120000-0014-0000-0000-0000000FF1CE} /uninstall {5F7F6FFF-395D-480E-8450-64F385D82C5F}
Security Update for Microsoft Office Word 2007 (KB950113)-->msiexec /package {91120000-0014-0000-0000-0000000FF1CE} /uninstall {AD72BABE-C733-4FCF-9674-4314466191B9}
Security Update for Visio 2007 (KB947590)-->msiexec /package {91120000-0014-0000-0000-0000000FF1CE} /uninstall {6BAD036C-261F-4BEF-96CF-C20678D07A41}
Soft Data Fax Modem with SmartCP-->C:\Program Files\CONEXANT\CNXT_MODEM_PCI_VEN_14F1&DEV_2F20&SUBSYS_200C14F1\UIU32m.exe -U -ITrx200Cz.INF
SPBBC 32bit-->MsiExec.exe /I{77772678-817F-4401-9301-ED1D01A8DA56}
SymNet-->MsiExec.exe /I{2DA85B02-13C0-4E6D-9A76-22E6B3DD0CB2}
Update for Microsoft Office Outlook 2007 (KB952142)-->msiexec /package {91120000-0014-0000-0000-0000000FF1CE} /uninstall {4AD3A076-427C-491F-A5B7-7D1DE788A756}
Update for Office 2007 (KB946691)-->msiexec /package {91120000-0014-0000-0000-0000000FF1CE} /uninstall {A420F522-7395-4872-9882-C591B4B92278}
Update for Outlook 2007 Junk Email Filter (kb956080)-->msiexec /package {91120000-0014-0000-0000-0000000FF1CE} /uninstall {96CC215F-3F22-4E1E-A101-F0041934A456}
Windows Live Messenger-->MsiExec.exe /X{508CE775-4BA4-4748-82DF-FE28DA9F03B0}
Windows Media Player Firefox Plugin-->MsiExec.exe /I{69FDFBB6-351D-4B8C-89D8-867DC9D0A2A4}

======Security center information======

AV: AVG Anti-Virus Free
AV: Norton Internet Security (disabled) (outdated)
FW: Norton Internet Security (disabled)
AS: AVG Anti-Virus Free (disabled)
AS: Windows Defender (disabled)
AS: Norton Internet Security (outdated)

======Environment variables======

"ComSpec"=%SystemRoot%\system32\cmd.exe
"FP_NO_HOST_CHECK"=NO
"NUMBER_OF_PROCESSORS"=1
"OnlineServices"=Online Services
"OS"=Windows_NT
"Path"=%SystemRoot%\system32;%SystemRoot%;%SystemRoot%\System32\Wbem;C:\hp\bin\Python;C:\Program Files\QuickTime\QTSystem\
"PATHEXT"=.COM;.EXE;.BAT;.CMD;.VBS;.VBE;.JS;.JSE;.WSF;.WSH;.MSC
"PCBRAND"=Presario
"PLATFORM"=HPD
"PROCESSOR_ARCHITECTURE"=x86
"PROCESSOR_IDENTIFIER"=x86 Family 15 Model 79 Stepping 2, AuthenticAMD
"PROCESSOR_LEVEL"=15
"PROCESSOR_REVISION"=4f02
"TEMP"=%SystemRoot%\TEMP
"TMP"=%SystemRoot%\TEMP
"USERNAME"=SYSTEM
"windir"=%SystemRoot%
"CLASSPATH"=.;C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.6.0_02\lib\ext\QTJava.zip
"QTJAVA"=C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.6.0_02\lib\ext\QTJava.zip

-----------------EOF-----------------

#6 Billy O'Neal

Billy O'Neal

• Malware Response Team
  • 12,304 posts
  •  

Posted 29 September 2008 - 09:26 PM

Hello, kebeni.
The RSIT log looks clean. Still want a third party onlinescan check though, Try this one instead :thumbsup:

Since you are no longer using Norton, I would remove it using the Norton Removal Tool:
http://service1.symantec.com/Support/tsgen...005033108162039

Please do an online scan with Kaspersky WebScanner.
  • Please visit the Kaspersky Online Scanner website.
    Note: If you are using Windows Vista, open your browser by right-clicking on its icon and select 'Run as administrator' to perform this scan.
  • Click on the Accept button and install any components it needs.
  • The program will install and then begin downloading the latest definition files.
  • After the files have been downloaded on the left side of the page in the Scan section select My Computer
  • This will start the program and scan your system.
  • The scan will take a while, so be patient and let it run.
  • Once the scan is complete, click on View scan report
  • Now, click on the Save Report as button.
  • Save the file to your desktop.
  • Copy and paste that information in your next post.
In your next reply, please include the following:
  • Kaspersky's Log

Billy3
Posted Image

#7 kebeni

kebeni
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 8 posts
  •  

Posted 30 September 2008 - 03:02 AM

thanks, am just downloading the scanner. How do I get rid of the registry cleaning thing btw?

#8 Billy O'Neal

Billy O'Neal

• Malware Response Team
  • 12,304 posts
  •  

Posted 30 September 2008 - 05:27 AM

You can remove the registry cleaner from Start -> Control Panel -> Add/Remove Programs.

Billy3
Posted Image

#9 kebeni

kebeni
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 8 posts
  •  

Posted 30 September 2008 - 06:51 AM

Tuesday, September 30, 2008
Operating System: Microsoft Windows Vista Home Basic Edition, 32-bit Service Pack 1 (build 6001)
Kaspersky Online Scanner 7 version: 7.0.25.0
Program database last update: Tuesday, September 30, 2008 07:02:32
Records in database: 1276016
Scan settings
Scan using the following database extended
Scan archives yes
Scan mail databases yes
Scan area My Computer
C:\
D:\
E:\
F:\
G:\
H:\
I:\
Scan statistics
Files scanned 116788
Threat name 0
Infected objects 0
Suspicious objects 0
Duration of the scan 01:58:13

No malware has been detected. The scan area is clean.
The selected area was scanned.

#10 Billy O'Neal

Billy O'Neal

• Malware Response Team
  • 12,304 posts
  •  

Posted 30 September 2008 - 02:13 PM

Hello, kebeni.

As far as I can tell you are clean. I suspect a legitimate application may be attempting to upload; I know AVG for example reports back to let them know how to make AVG better and things like that. But it does not appear malware related.

Congratulations! You now appear clean! :thumbsup:

Are things running okay? Do you have any more questions?

System Still Slow?
You may wish to try StartupLite. Simply download this tool to your desktop and run it. It will explain any optional auto-start programs on your system, and offer the option to stop these programs from starting at startup. This will result in fewer programs running when you boot your system, and should improve preformance.
If that does not work, you can try the steps mentioned in Slow Computer/browser? Check Here First; It May Not Be Malware

We Need to Clean Up Our Mess
  • Please download OTCleanIt from one of the following mirrors and save it to your desktop:
  • Double click the Posted Image icon.
  • Push the large "Cleanup" button.
  • Allow your system to reboot.
Reset System Restore
Windows' "System Restore" feature can cause malware files to be cached and retained by your system. Resetting System Restore will clean these files from your system, and will allow you to use System Restore without fear of reinfection.
  • Go to Start -> Control Panel -> System and Maintenance -> System.
  • Select "System Protection" in the upper left hand corner.
  • Click the button marked "Create" in the bottom of the window.
  • Give the R.P. a name then click "Create". The new point will be stamped with the current date and time. Keep a log of this so you can find it easily should you need to use System Restore.
  • Open Vista's Searchbox (on your start menu) and type in "cleanmgr.exe"
  • Click "OK".
  • Click the "More Options" Tab.
  • Click "Clean Up", and then "Delete" in the "System Restore and Shadow Copies" section to remove all previous restore points except the newly created one.
Note: You should only do this once, not on a regular basis!
You will not be able to restore computer to any earlier than today!

Recommendations
Below are some recommendations to lower your chances of (re)infection.
  • Install and maintain an outbound firewall
  • Install Spyware Blaster and update it regularly
    If you wish, the commercial version provides automatic updating.
  • Install the MVPs hosts file, and update it regularly
    You can use the HostMan host file manager to do this automaticly if you wish.
    For more information on the hosts file, and what it can do for you, you can view the Tutorial on the Hosts file
  • Install an Anti-Spyware program, and update it regularly
    Malware Byte's Anti Malware is an excellent Anti-Spyware scanner. It's scan times are usually under ten minutes, and has excellent detection and removal rates.
    SUPERAntiSpyware is another good scanner with high detection and removal rates.
    Both programs are free for non commercial home use but provide a resident and do not nag if you purchase the paid versions.
  • Keep Windows (and your other Microsoft software) up to date!
    I cannot stress how important this is enough. Often holes are found in Internet Explorer or Windows itself that require patching. Sometimes these holes will allow an attacker unrestricted access to your computer.

If you are using Windows XP or earlier
    Visit the Microsoft Update Website and follow the on screen instructions to setup Microsoft Update. Also follow the instructions to update your system. Please REBOOT and repeat this process until there are no more updates to install!!

If you are using Windows Vista
    • Click the "Start Menu" (or Windows Orb)
    • Click "All Programs"
    • Click "Windows Update"
    • On the left, choose "Change Settings"
    • Ensure that the checkbox "Use Microsoft Update" at the bottom of the window is checked.
    • Press OK and accept the UAC prompt.
      Note: You shouldn't need to check this checkbox every single time you update, only the first time.
    • Click "Check for Updates" in the upper left corner.
    • Follow the instructions to install the latest updates.
    • Reboot and repeat the "Check for Updates" until there are no more critical updates to install
  • Keep your other software up to date as well
    Software does not need to be made by Microsoft to be insecure. You can use the Secunia Online Software occasionally to help you check for out of date software on your machine.
  • Stay up to date!
    The MOST IMPORTANT part of any security setup is keeping the software up to date. Malware writers release new variants every single day. If your software updates don't keep up, then the malware will always be one step ahead. Not a good thing :).
Billy3
Posted Image

#11 kebeni

kebeni
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 8 posts
  •  

Posted 01 October 2008 - 08:08 AM

Hi Billy
Thankyou for your help. I start a new ISP billing month tomorrow so I will monitor the uploads again an dsee how it is going. I have done all you said and am so grateful for your time. You guys are awesome!

I do have one more question but will wait until tomorrow when I start he pc again and the pop up appears.

Thanks Again

kelli

#12 Billy O'Neal

Billy O'Neal

• Malware Response Team
  • 12,304 posts
  •  

Posted 02 October 2008 - 07:43 PM

Hello, kebeni.

You're very welcome :thumbsup:

Since this issue appears resolved, this topic has been closed.

If you need this topic reopened, please send me or another moderator a PM.

Everyone else please begin a new topic.

Billy3
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users