Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Guild Wars coming on Thursday

• Please log in to reply
21 replies to this topic

#1 Grinler

Grinler

Lawrence Abrams

• Admin
  • 43,660 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:09 PM

Posted 27 April 2005 - 12:11 AM

For those who are interested guild wars is coming out on friday. I prob wont have much time to play, but will be postng some picks as I get the chance.

Check it out:

http://www.guildwars.com

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Grinler

Grinler

Lawrence Abrams

• Topic Starter

• Admin
  • 43,660 posts
  •  

Posted 29 April 2005 - 03:38 PM

Well i got it and im addicted..sigh

#3 jgweed

jgweed

• Members
  • 28,473 posts
  •  

Posted 29 April 2005 - 04:45 PM

I should be maxed out in WOW in a few weeks, so I am curious to hear your impression of the game, Grinler, after you have played it for a few weeks (you could do this instead of sending me a pen with teeth marks on it).
Cheers,
John
Whereof one cannot speak, thereof one should be silent.

#4 Grinler

Grinler

Lawrence Abrams

• Topic Starter

• Admin
  • 43,660 posts
  •  

Posted 30 April 2005 - 12:07 AM

Your playing WOW? Are you enjoying it? I had to stop as I was getting way to addictive.

The one thing about MMORPGs is the sense that I never had enough time to build my computer, I therefore become addicted and spend too much time on it. What I like about guild wars so far is that outside towns its always a solo experience unless you group with some people, and then they share your world with you. So i dont feel the same pressure as it feels more like a single player game.

#5 jgweed

jgweed

• Members
  • 28,473 posts
  •  

Posted 30 April 2005 - 12:20 AM

Yeah, I left EQ2, which really sucked, for WOW, since there is more ability to solo and actually increase in rank in less than a month, without being forced to group to increase levels. So far I have gotten to lvl 50 almost completely on my own and at my own speed. I am happy to hear that you can solo in a game named GUILD wars (I would have stayed away from it had I thought it would be totally PvP or group efforts).
John

#6 Grinler

Grinler

Lawrence Abrams

• Topic Starter

• Admin
  • 43,660 posts
  •  

Posted 30 April 2005 - 12:30 AM

Well I think ultimately the game is designed for the guild war aspect, but I have not even gotten near to that at all. It has a feel of the first everquest with the quests etc.

One thing though that I miss from the everquest days, was the environement that game had. The details were amazing and realistic. I loved all the little hidden things like the Qeynos sewers and hidden entrances that you could find. No games have does anything like that since.

#7 junkdk

junkdk

• Members
  • 345 posts
  •  

Posted 30 April 2005 - 02:04 AM

Dear Grin,

What game are you talking about? Is this someones new game you are promoting?

Is it online or home?

I was an orginal member of EQ and left it.

Verant sucks!

Let me know,

Junkdk :thumbsup:
Your Hardware Guide.

#8 Grinler

Grinler

Lawrence Abrams

• Topic Starter

• Admin
  • 43,660 posts
  •  

Posted 30 April 2005 - 11:00 AM

Its a new games called guild wars. Wouldnt call it promoting it, but I am enjoying it somewhat. Still too early to tell.

http://www.guildwars.com

#9 junkdk

junkdk

• Members
  • 345 posts
  •  

Posted 30 April 2005 - 11:18 PM

Dear Grin,

I am downloading the trailer now. No monthly fee? Do you still have the ability to meet others?

I loved EQ, before the downfall, for its ability to meet friends from all over the world.

Is the experience the same?

Let me know,

Your Hardware Guide.

#10 junkdk

junkdk

• Members
  • 345 posts
  •  

Posted 30 April 2005 - 11:27 PM

Dear Grin,

Just saw the trailer. Looks interesting, nice graphics...is it the same in game?

I'll go to GameStop to pick up a copy and check it out.

I am not one to finish games though.

I made it half way through Doom3 and started Halflife 2. Frycry is boring but has nice graphics.

I really loved EQ. Spent countless hours and lots of money. Nothing good last forever it seems.

Thanks,

Edited by junkdk, 30 April 2005 - 11:27 PM.

Your Hardware Guide.

#11 Grinler

Grinler

Lawrence Abrams

• Topic Starter

• Admin
  • 43,660 posts
  •  

Posted 30 April 2005 - 11:46 PM

Graphics ar ethe same ingame. You only have to party with other players if you want to. I dont due to my schedule

#12 junkdk

junkdk

• Members
  • 345 posts
  •  

Posted 01 May 2005 - 06:54 PM

Dear Grin,

I got the game today. I am afraid to open it. Next month I will be studying for the GMAT and I get distracted easily.

Maybe I will open it in August after I take the exam.

Thanks for your inputs.

junkdk :thumbsup:
Your Hardware Guide.

#13 Grinler

Grinler

Lawrence Abrams

• Topic Starter

• Admin
  • 43,660 posts
  •  

Posted 01 May 2005 - 06:57 PM

I would wait :thumbsup: I know exactly what you mean... if you have the gmats coming up, dont open this and become addicted.

#14 LoLucky

LoLucky

• Members
  • 331 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:09 PM

Posted 02 May 2005 - 01:00 PM

Verant sucks!

SOOO True... But Verant hasn't done anything with EQ since the Luclin days which was DoN, OoW, GoD, LoY, LDoN, PoP Expansions ago. SoE has done a wonderful job at fixing something what wasn't broken to make it "good". this is IMOO and i'll problly get flamed for it. EverQuest is going on its 6th year. DoN which is the latest Expansion is AWESOME!! its basically a PowerLevel Expansion. they revamped Lavastorm and added lots of content expanding atleast 4 zones all of which have Mini Instanced zones. the Mob's are all new/revamped for these zones and run on a newer crisper Graphics engine that handles True DX9.
Also starting (i think) mid April a new feature called Veteran Rewards will be activated. where if your account is so many years old you get your year and every year under yours!

Veteran Rewards are as follows:

Year 1
Lesson of the Devoted: A character will gain double-XP for 30-minutes every 24 hours. When this reward is in effect, the character will be surrounded by a special blue-white glow.

Year 2
Infusion of the Faithful: This reward grants increased run speed for 15 minutes once every 24 hours.

Year 3
Chaotic Jester: Once every 24 hours, a character can summon a Bristlebane puppet for 15 minutes. During that time, the puppet randomly casts various spells that provide benefits or minor penalties.

Year 4
Expedient Recovery: Once a week, this "Back to New" reward summons all of a player's corpses back to him, and gives back all XP that was on the corpses.

Year 5
Steadfast Servant: Once every 24 hours, a creature is summoned that stays in the area for a half hour, buffing and healing player characters nearby.

Year 6
Staunch Recovery: Once every three days, a character is healed back to full health, mana, and endurance.

Year 7
Intensity of the Resolute: Once every 24 hours, a character's melee attacks, damage spells and heals are increased for five minutes. When this reward is in effect, the character will be surrounded by a glow of energy

Pretty Sweet IMO.

Panacinos - lvl 70 Wood Elf Hottie - Druid
Panacinos - of Rallos Zek - Member of Wudan
Panacinos - Moved to Zek - Member of Wudan
Panacinos - Moved to Tholuxe Paells - Applicant of Malus Imperium
Panacinos - Moved to Bertoxxulous - Applicant of Malus Imperium

#15 jgweed

jgweed

• Members
  • 28,473 posts
  •  

Posted 02 May 2005 - 02:02 PM

Don't take this the wrong way,LoLucky, but SOE is not on my Christmas list. I played SWG for over 8 months and EQ2 for 2, and just got tired of the developer's cavalier attitudes toward the player community and their constant nerfing of the games.
Regards,
John

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users