Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Start > All Programs Doesn't Work

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 bryan5255

bryan5255

• Members
  • 56 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:34 PM

Posted 18 September 2008 - 11:52 PM

When I try to open up 'All Programs' in the 'Start' menu nothing happens. I have also tried right clicking and open and that does work, but I can only see a few of my programs and even then it should be able to open up normally anyways. Any ideas as to how to fix this?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Budapest

Budapest

Bleepin' Cynic

• 23,579 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:34 PM

Posted 19 September 2008 - 12:25 AM

When you point to "All Programs" on a Windows XP-based computer, the list of programs does not appear, or the list of programs is empty
The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who haven't got it.

—George Bernard Shaw

#3 bryan5255

bryan5255
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 56 posts
  •  

Posted 20 September 2008 - 05:28 AM

I tried that. Rebooted my computer and everything and my 'My Programs' still won't open.

#4 Budapest

Budapest

Bleepin' Cynic

• 23,579 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:34 PM

Posted 20 September 2008 - 05:35 PM

Try the fix given here.

Backup your registry before attempting this fix (ERUNT).
The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who haven't got it.

—George Bernard Shaw

#5 bryan5255

bryan5255
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 56 posts
  •  

Posted 18 November 2008 - 02:56 AM

Try the fix given here.

Backup your registry before attempting this fix (ERUNT).

I followed the directions, but each of those values were already correct and my start menu still wont open.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users