Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Printing with VS.NET 2003

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 B_Free

B_Free

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:27 AM

Posted 26 April 2005 - 11:40 PM

Hello, I'm still rather new at this so I apologize if this information is already up somewhere and I simply haven't found it yet. I'm looking to write a simple VB application that can use the printer to print out lines of text (graphics would be even better), and is able to be deployed on other computers with the .NET framework. I've been looking awhile but haven't found any basic step-by-step explanation/example of how to do it. I use VS.NET 2003. I know the Toolbox has Window Forms for "Print Dialog," "Print Preview Dialog," "Print Preview Control" and "Print Document" but I haven't figured out how to use these yet. Can anyone recommend any good books or websites that address this?
Thank you all very much for your time!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 lucent

lucent

• Members
  • 172 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:27 AM

Posted 16 May 2005 - 12:00 AM

if you have Visual Studio chances are you already have the best documentation available. Do you have the msdn libraries? if you don't, go to http://msdn.microsoft.com/ and search teh knowledge base for your problems. They usually provide example code and easy to understand definitions. What language are you going to use?
Posted Image
Special thanks to efizzer for the signature

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users