Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Yahoo Games Issue

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 ihateadware52792

ihateadware52792

• Members
  • 235 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:12 AM

Posted 18 September 2008 - 09:30 PM

Hey guys. Interesting problem here. I've been able to play Yahoo Games before (like pool) but now a days i can't. I sometimes just get kicked off the browser, but i've also gotten a message saying:

This game cannot be played using your current settings. Please, try the following:

* Check to make sure that java is enabled in your browser.
* If you do not have java installed you may download it here.
* To learn more about java support for browsers, visit our help pages.

I've tried all of that and nothing works.

I dunno whats going on here. Even IE wont play anything on Yahoo Games. it's really odd.

vista/sp1 dell c521

firefox 3.0
IE 7

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 m0le

m0le

Can U Dig It?

• Malware Response Team
  • 34,527 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:12 PM

Posted 19 September 2008 - 04:46 AM

Hi Ihateadware52792,

Try this.

Please follow these steps to remove older version Java components and update:
  • Download the latest version of Java Runtime Environment (JRE) Version 6 and save it to your desktop.
  • Scroll down to where it says "Java Runtime Environment (JRE) 6 Update 7...allows end-users to run Java applications".
  • Click the "Download" button to the right.
  • Select your Platform: "Windows".
  • Select your Language: "Multi-language".
  • Read the License Agreement, and then check the box that says: "Accept License Agreement".
  • Click Continue and the page will refresh.
  • Click on the link to download Windows Offline Installation and save the file to your desktop.
  • Close any programs you may have running - especially your web browser.
  • Go to Start > Settings > Control Panel, double-click on Add/Remove Programs and remove all older versions of Java.
  • Check (highlight) any item with Java Runtime Environment (JRE or J2SE) in the name.
  • Click the Remove or Change/Remove button.
  • Repeat as many times as necessary to remove each Java versions.
  • Reboot your computer once all Java components are removed.
  • Then from your desktop double-click on jre-6u7-windows-i586-p.exe to install the newest version.

Posted Image
m0le is a proud member of UNITE

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users