Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Systemic Crc Errors

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 brujaja

brujaja

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:45 PM

Posted 18 September 2008 - 09:19 PM

Hello,

I have been getting sporadic but fairly frequent CRC errors in downloads, in disks I have burned when used on other systems, and sometimes even when attempting to install (game) from a factory disk.

If it were any one of these things alone, I would know how to proceed; but I don't know what would cause CRC errors in all these areas together.

Would someone please suggest a likely area to investigate? Thank you.

(FWIW, I have been having problems with my broadband suddenly dropping out for a minute or two. I also recently had a master boot virus, but my system now is a clean install on a different drive. I do have the old drive mounted for data recovery purposes, but it is disabled when not in use, and BIOS is set never to boot from that drive, and not to "try other devices".)

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 cryptodan

cryptodan

Bleepin Madman

• Members
  • 21,868 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:45 AM

Posted 18 September 2008 - 10:05 PM

Could be bad RAM.

You could have other viruses.

Could be a failing hard drive.

Could be a bad IDE/SATA Cable.

could be a lot of things.

#3 hamluis

hamluis

• 54,830 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:45 PM

Posted 19 September 2008 - 07:49 AM

If I understand you...the second drive is still infected? I say that based on the statement that said drive is bootable.

I guess I'm wondering why...for either of those possibilities.

Louis

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users