Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

What are you listening to?

• Please log in to reply
69 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_brunt_*

Guest_brunt_*

• Guests
  •  

Posted 02 August 2004 - 10:59 AM

Figure we can see what everyone's musical taste is.
Now Im not going to rattle off my entire playlist but here is what I am listening to right now

Stevie Ray..Voodoo Child
Roger Waters.. The Pro's and cons of Hitchiking
Staind. And some Godsmack. Yes Love the old and New

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Bluie

Bluie

• Members
  • 160 posts
  •  

Posted 02 August 2004 - 01:04 PM

Currently Ray Lynch's "Celestial Soda Pop". Just before was Ray Charles "Let's Go Get Stoned". Mostly classic Jazz, Rock and Country. And Brunt in this case classic means OLD

#3 JEservices

JEservices

helping hand

• Members
  • 1,700 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:02 AM

Posted 02 August 2004 - 03:06 PM

I listen to a wide variety of music w/ I-Tunes. The following is just a partial list:
  • 50 Cent-In The Club
  • Aerosmith-Janes got a gun
  • Aguilera-Beautiful
  • Judas Priest-Beyond the Realms of Death
  • Queen-Bohemian Rhapsody
  • Nelly-Dilemma
  • Evanescense-My Immortal
  • Pink-Famil y Portrait
  • AC-DC-Highway to Hell
  • Eminem-Lose Yourself
  • Stacie Orrico-Stuck
  • T.A.T.U.-All the things she said

We are all curious like a cat. We wonder, we ask, we learn.
Please post back when a suggestion works, so that others may learn.

#4 cowsgonemadd3

cowsgonemadd3

Feed me some spyware!

• Banned
  • 4,557 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:02 AM

Posted 02 August 2004 - 03:39 PM

WOW jason you ought to here this! ACDC has bad things in the background. Its called backmasking and when you play it backwards omg you ought to here what is said! Its satan in the background!! No offense to you i got scared to death when i played a song backward i ran out of the house screaming! Serious i did. The song was played backwards and it said the Lords Prayers and then all the sudden something just screamed!!! I ran with my hand on my ears to the front door and ran outside!!!! Do some research on the internet about backmasking. Or record your song on the windows recorder or some other one and play it backwards slowly!! Its creepy!

#5 cowsgonemadd3

cowsgonemadd3

Feed me some spyware!

• Banned
  • 4,557 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:02 AM

Posted 02 August 2004 - 03:40 PM

I like thirdday and others! Also backstreet boys has that stuff to. When played abckwards the song has things that say &#@$!@##$ and so on. Bad stuff.
No offense just thought i would pass along!

#6 Grinler

Grinler

Lawrence Abrams

• Admin
  • 43,614 posts
  •  

Posted 02 August 2004 - 04:11 PM

Pros and Cons of Hitchhiking could be one of the greatest albums ever. Its relatively unknown and is incredible.

Clapton's riffs are unreal.

#7 Guest_brunt_*

Guest_brunt_*

• Guests
  •  

Posted 02 August 2004 - 04:15 PM

Yes I agree not many people know about the pros and cons of hitchiking! Great album. Lyric's just like so many of his older lyrics a little hard to comprahend what he is trying to say but after awhile you kind of get it! How about radio waves

#8 JEservices

JEservices

helping hand

• Members
  • 1,700 posts
  •  

Posted 02 August 2004 - 05:37 PM

Who said anything about me listening to it the 'right' way? j/k

I have been told that when you play alot of different songs, that the effect is not what you think...try listening to the 50 Cent one backwards, and rumor is it plays something that you would NEVER think of. Suffice to say, it is not meant for minors to hear, and I thought the lyrics was bad enough...
We are all curious like a cat. We wonder, we ask, we learn.
Please post back when a suggestion works, so that others may learn.

#9 cowsgonemadd3

cowsgonemadd3

Feed me some spyware!

• Banned
  • 4,557 posts
  •  

Posted 02 August 2004 - 08:24 PM

Yep i have played a few backwards! Not something you want to hear!! Scary as i said above! LOL #@#$@@!#$$ Stuff like that!

#10 Guest_wowguyswow_*

Guest_wowguyswow_*

• Guests
  •  

Posted 02 August 2004 - 08:27 PM

never tried it, never will

#11 cowsgonemadd3

cowsgonemadd3

Feed me some spyware!

• Banned
  • 4,557 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:02 AM

Posted 02 August 2004 - 08:39 PM

Might get scared away from your favorite music if you find something in it! Heres the catch! If you know your eyes flips things upside sown before it goes in the brain so does your ears! You here it but dont relize it!!! Its also in grocery store music(buy this product deal).

#12 Papakid

Papakid

Guru at being a Newbie

• Malware Response Team
  • 6,629 posts
  •  

Posted 03 August 2004 - 09:47 AM

Pros and Cons of Hitchhiking could be one of the greatest albums ever. Its relatively unknown and is incredible.

Wow! Incredible that the two Global mods and the admin have the Pros and Cons of Hitchhiking--and like it. I wouldn't say one of the best albums ever, but agree that Clapton did some good work--when it came out that was the first time I'd heard him knuckle down and do some playing in a while.

So did you guys get the original album cover before it got censored?

Radio Waves I didn't care for so much. But Pros and Cons, the Wall and the Final Cut I liked more than my friends. They're like musical novels.

I don't listen to music near as much as I used to. Last new thing is TransSiberian Orchestra's Beethoven's Last Night.

I like all kinds of music but am partial to classic rock and especially the old school prog rock and some jazz fusion. Yes, ELP, KingCrimson(<--all time favorite) and some others, then stuff like Mahavishnu Orchestra, Weather Report, Jean-luc-ponty, etc.

I like finding good stuff outside the mainstream.

The thing about people

is they change

when they walk away.--Mipso

#13 Grinler

Grinler

Lawrence Abrams

• Admin
  • 43,614 posts
  •  

Posted 03 August 2004 - 09:59 AM

I personally did not have the uncensored cover, but some friends did and boy was that a nice cover or should I say backend :thumbsup:

Quite honestly dont listen to music that much anymore. I grew up listening to Rush, Styxx, Blue Oyster Cult, Journey...all the good 70/80's bands :flowers:

#14 cowsgonemadd3

cowsgonemadd3

Feed me some spyware!

• Banned
  • 4,557 posts
  •  

Posted 03 August 2004 - 10:13 AM

LOL thats funny.

#15 Guest_brunt_*

Guest_brunt_*

• Guests
  •  

Posted 03 August 2004 - 11:00 AM

Funny, funny how clown funny :thumbsup:

ELP I went to there 25th anniversary tour. In Chicago. Love Karn Evil. I did not have the uncencored version neither. As for the Final Cut, yes There little stories set to music. Thats why I liked Pro's so much a 45 minute story. I Liked Radio Kaos and Amused to death, flickering flame was eh OK. The wall I loved but dang if they didn't play out another Brick in the wall!!! But hated that they didn't put when the tigers broke free in the soundtrack. Glad Echoes Came Out. I grew up on 80's but always loved the classic rock , Rush the best trio band ever.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users