Jump to content
Posted 18 September 2008 - 01:46 PM
Posted 18 September 2008 - 02:15 PM
Posted 18 September 2008 - 02:58 PM
1. Put WindowsXP bootable CD in your CD drive and power on PC
2. When prompt comes Press a key to boot from CD... press any key.
3. Watch the Windows setup screen carefully. When comes Press R for Recovery console, press R.
4. It will ask you to choose Windows installation. Press 1 and then Enter.
5. It will ask for Administrator password. Do so.If no password is set, then just press Enter.
6. Type fixboot C: and press Enter.
7. Type copy d:\i386\ntldr c:\ and press Enter.
8. Type copy d:\i386\ntdetect.com c:\ and press Enter.
9. Restart your computer.
Your CD driver letter is D:.
You have only one partition or only first partition has Windows XP installed.
Posted 18 September 2008 - 03:12 PM
Edited by hamluis, 18 September 2008 - 03:14 PM.
Posted 18 September 2008 - 04:54 PM
C:\Windows is the screen that is supposed to come up before a command is typed...or if an inappropriate command is typed. It just reflects the fact that the RC is waiting for the user's next command.
I also believe that hitting the Enter key while in the RC makes the same screen come up .
Did the fixboot command run?
If your restore files are on E:, substitute that for the D: in the instructions previously provided you. But don't try #7 until #6 has completed.
When all is done, I believe you must type exit to reboot the system and leave the RC.
Just to verify...you are using a Microsoft XP CD for this, right?
0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users