Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

A Question To The Site Management

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
3 replies to this topic

#1 galaxy99

galaxy99

• Members
  • 15 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:27 PM

Posted 18 September 2008 - 10:43 AM

First I would like to thank the owners of the site and everyone else who are putting their time and efforts in helping those of us who are having trouble with our PCs.

While no one has addressed my hijackthis log problem over the past few days I have noticed that some members who posted a hijackthis log were helped on the dame day, that's today. Don't get me wrong, I do understand there's a lot of problems that're being dealt with and I, for myself, thank those involved in helping but the question still remains:

Do requests get attention on a FIFO basis?

Again thanks to the management and to all involved.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 KoanYorel

KoanYorel

Bleepin' Conundrum

• Members
  • 19,461 posts
  •  
  • Location:65 miles due East of the "Logic Free Zone", in Md, USA
  • Local time:10:27 AM

Posted 18 September 2008 - 11:39 AM

Not an easy question to answer.

All HJT Techs here are volunteers giving of their time as they can do so.

Each have specialties they work on.

We try to serve on a FCFS. It's just not always possible. Our crew deals with several hundred logs each day. Many require multiple postings.

If after five days you haven't received a reply, post your link here please. http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/topic14717.html
The only easy day was yesterday.

...some do, some don't; some will, some won't (WR)

#3 garmanma

garmanma

Computer Masochist

• Members
  • 27,809 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:27 AM

Posted 18 September 2008 - 11:53 AM

I do not deal with the malware part of the site, so I can only give you general answers
First, we are extremely busy and are making every attempt to lessen the backlog
Sometimes the newer HJT team members, who are not that experienced yet, will leave a log that takes a little more work to the more accomplished members, so to be sure it is handled properly.
We are getting ready to put some procedures in place to help speed up the process. We understand your frustration and ask that you please have patience.
If no one has responded to your topic in 5 days, you may post here
http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/topic14717.html
Posting additional comments to your log or "bumping" will only move it down the list
We thank you for understanding
Mark
Posted Image
why won't my laptop work?

Having grandkids is God's way of giving you a 2nd chance because you were too busy working your butt off the 1st time around
Do not send me PMs with problems that should be posted in the forums. Keep it in the forums, so everyone benefits
Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook and Twitter

#4 galaxy99

galaxy99
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 15 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:27 PM

Posted 18 September 2008 - 05:34 PM

Thanks KoanYorel and garmanma for the quick response. And yes I do understand the amount of backlogs and problems you have to del with. Thank you is not enough to show our appreciation for all the help and support you provide.

The only problem is that sometimes a problem we have on a PC can not wait long to be fixed. My case is such that my PC keeps restarting and goes in a loop doing so and every time I had to quickly get to the task manager and terminate some processes to stop it from restarting. As I need my PC on a daily basis I am finding it difficult to deal with this annoying problem and sometimes thinking of doing a reformat; which I really hate as I would be losing lots of softwares, setups among other things.

Anyway, thank you again.

Edited by galaxy99, 18 September 2008 - 05:42 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users